2114 26 2018-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

So the Fail Safe for RC disconnect in the Mavic Zoom is an issue and I for sure do not trust it after some testing today. Watch the video below and you will notice that around 2:18 after reconnect of Rc to AC the drone is in RTH mode but stops dead for a few seconds as if it lost its bearings and then begins the RTH again, DJI you need to fix this, i have never had an issue with my Pro before and was always confident that if the RC disconnects my drone was coming back and it always did. The range etc on this drone is amazing but for me the biggest thing is that the fail safe needs to 100% in the event of a disconnect. All the disconnects are me turning off the RC, can other guys with the mavic 2 or zoom simulate this and let me know what they get

2018-11-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

In this video at 1 minute you can see when GoHome intiated the drone goes the other way.
2018-11-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The more videos I watch on these M2’s the more put off I am to buy one! That is not good at all and could be a very scary moment! I hope that can be resolved with FW.
2018-11-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The more videos I watch on these M2’s the more put off I am to buy one! That is not good at all and could be a very scary moment! I hope that can be resolved with FW.
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-10 00:25
The more videos I watch on these M2’s the more put off I am to buy one! That is not good at all and could be a very scary moment! I hope that can be resolved with FW.

This is very scary for me, i like to fly out distances and was hoping to get a good 7km when on holiday this Christmas but now looks like I should have stayed with my Pro
2018-11-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-10 00:32
This is very scary for me, i like to fly out distances and was hoping to get a good 7km when on holiday this Christmas but now looks like I should have stayed with my Pro

Disappointing for you for sure mate
2018-11-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow buddy considering the distance flying you enjoy I wouldn't be happy and wouldn't be confident at all. Hopefully DJI will resolve this through FW shortly.

This is one reason why I won't ever sell my MP 1. It's a little workhorse I trust.
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 11-10 02:16
Wow buddy considering the distance flying you enjoy I wouldn't be happy and wouldn't be confident at all. Hopefully DJI will resolve this through FW shortly.

This is one reason why I won't ever sell my MP 1. It's a little workhorse I trust.

Agreed, I regret getting rid of it sometimes stupid choices are made. I tried the fail safe again just now from 400 meters away and it started going in another direction and did not turn around for a while till the RC powered on again and reconnected so this is a bug that Dji needs to fix.
2018-11-10
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Suren,

I do not have a M2Z and did not read that manual. But if the RTH is the same a on a MA the craft will retrace its route when disconnected for a while.
So if it is flying towards you (as is did) and gets disconnected it will fly back on track, so away from you.

Waiting in hover is there as well.

cheers
JJB
M2ZfailsafeRTH.png
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

JJBspark Posted at 11-10 03:56
Hi Suren,

I do not have a M2Z and did not read that manual. But if the RTH is the same a on a MA the craft will retrace its route when disconnected for a while.

Hi JJB, that would be correct if the zoom did that but it continued on a path away from me, I am just going to wait for the next update or get another Pro if nothing is fixed by the time i leave on vacation
2018-11-10
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 11-10 05:13
Hi JJB, that would be correct if the zoom did that but it continued on a path away from me, I am just going to wait for the next update or get another Pro if nothing is fixed by the time i leave on vacation

oke, watching the the first video i do no see anything strange. Lost connection, AC starts a fail RTH, when connected it starts to wait for pilot input. No input so from that point is heads home and start to fly back.

Second video hard to understand without actual footage.

cheers
JJB
2018-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 11-10 00:08
In this video at 1 minute you can see when GoHome intiated the drone goes the other way.

Looking at recording of your route as drone was returning if you look a ball slider this was drawn backwards , so showed drone going backwards but all that happened was somebody just rewound the drones movement , it was not actually the drone moving away from you.
Look at slider at 1.16 the replay is clearly been drawn backwards, but looks like the drone is flying away from you but it’s not the case.
This drone acted as it should for loss of signal, first fly route taken second regain signal wait and then turn for home and this is exactly what it done.
By this route recording there is nothing wrong with your drone and certainly doesn’t need FW to fix. I’ve seen so many when people get panicked because drone flies away from them when this is exactly what it’s programmed to do, you can test this out very simply by flying turning off remote watch drone take the route it has just flown, turn back on remote as soon as signal is received drone will stop for 10 seconds and if there is no response from you it will take the direct route home. It is actually an excellent feature for loss of signal and offers complete failsafe of drone crashing in to any obstacles.

Edit : I see second video wasn’t loss of signal, but you waited no time to see what would happen so not possible to tell from that short interval , but my answer would still apply to first video.
2018-11-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Andy, This is why I'm waiting and will not part with my MP.

Hope there'e a fix soon.
2018-11-10
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Another user jumping the gun without understanding the architecture!
2018-11-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-10 06:26
Remember the Mavic 2 behaves differently than the Mavic Pro on a lost connection.  It doesn't just climb to RTH altitude & come straight home.  It first retraces the route for 60 seconds in an attempt to reacquire RC contact.  If contact is not reestablished after 60 seconds, it then stops retracing, ascends to RTH altitude, then proceeds directly towards the Home Point.

This happened to me the first night I flew the M2P.  I was several miles out over the city when I inadvertently flew behind a building blocking RC contact.  I was thinking, "It will just pop up to the RTH altitude & the signal will return" but about 45 seconds passed & I still had no signal.  Suddenly it appeared, well off from where I expected.  Upon reviewing the onboard video I could see it had done exactly as designed.  It turned around & retraced the route it had flown before losing signal behind the building until the contact was restored.

This.  The M2P and Z react as the MA does when it loses connection.  Wait, short retrace, and then the most direct path home if connection is not reestablished.   Quite different from the MP.  The craft is functioning normally.
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 05:53
Looking at recording of your route as drone was returning if you look a ball slider this was drawn backwards , so showed drone going backwards but all that happened was somebody just rewound the drones movement , it was not actually the drone moving away from you.
Look at slider at 1.16 the replay is clearly been drawn backwards, but looks like the drone is flying away from you but it’s not the case.
This drone acted as it should for loss of signal, first fly route taken second regain signal wait and then turn for home and this is exactly what it done.

t 1:16 that was me moving the slider back again to show that the drone in GoHome mode went the other way instead of actually coming towards me. I flew agin now 2 batteries on Litchi and the RTH actually performed as it should on RC disconnect, no going the wrong way and no waiting 60 seconds for pilot input, after 10 seconds of disconnect from RC the drone did a proper RTH to homepoint.
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-10 06:26
Remember the Mavic 2 behaves differently than the Mavic Pro on a lost connection.  It doesn't just climb to RTH altitude & come straight home.  It first retraces the route for 60 seconds in an attempt to reacquire RC contact.  If contact is not reestablished after 60 seconds, it then stops retracing, ascends to RTH altitude, then proceeds directly towards the Home Point.

This happened to me the first night I flew the M2P.  I was several miles out over the city when I inadvertently flew behind a building blocking RC contact.  I was thinking, "It will just pop up to the RTH altitude & the signal will return" but about 45 seconds passed & I still had no signal.  Suddenly it appeared, well off from where I expected.  Upon reviewing the onboard video I could see it had done exactly as designed.  It turned around & retraced the route it had flown before losing signal behind the building until the contact was restored.

I can see that as per manual that is what it is supposed to do with the Go4 app, maybe that is a good thing maybe bad for some, for those that do not know about this they will panic and start running the route of the drone only to not find it yet it would have returned to original homepoint after retracing its route and some one other then the pilot will pick it up and walk away
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

ghostrdr Posted at 11-10 07:03
Another user jumping the gun without understanding the architecture!

My friend if I was just another user then look again at my profile and I do not "jump Guns" i test retest and once I know that there is an issue then I will post so keep your smart alec remarks to yourself if you have nothing constructive to input
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Oracle Miata Posted at 11-10 07:21
This.  The M2P and Z react as the MA does when it loses connection.  Wait, short retrace, and then the most direct path home if connection is not reestablished.   Quite different from the MP.  The craft is functioning normally.

I have completed a full firmware refresh and full recal of everything, going to try this test again in the morning weather permiting and will post back, i will do some zig zags around and lets see if it does the trace properly, i did try this after posting the video and the drone flew in the opp direction for quite a while and only started the proper rth to homepoint when i powered up the RC again.
2018-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 11-10 07:56
t 1:16 that was me moving the slider back again to show that the drone in GoHome mode went the other way instead of actually coming towards me. I flew agin now 2 batteries on Litchi and the RTH actually performed as it should on RC disconnect, no going the wrong way and no waiting 60 seconds for pilot input, after 10 seconds of disconnect from RC the drone did a proper RTH to homepoint.

Again just so as you know it’s not 60 seconds waiting for pilot, it’s 10 seconds waiting for pilot and after 60 seconds it will go the RTH route.
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 08:09
Again just so as you know it’s not 60 seconds waiting for pilot, it’s 10 seconds waiting for pilot and after 60 seconds it will go the RTH route.

2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Okay, an update after the firmware refresh and recal of everything i flew around for a few hundred meters and turned off the RC, after 7 seconds the drone started re tracing its route, it did this for 15 seconds and then turned around and came straight to the home point, even the landing point was much beter then before from a few meters off it is now a close few inches off.
2018-11-10
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

The sky is falling... oops, I guess not.
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-10 09:17
Might not be a bad idea for DJI to add an option in the RTH settings for "Retrace" or "Direct" RTH.

I agree with that would be a good idea
2018-11-10
Use props
igor lynda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90230 ft
Ukraine

today Mavic 2 Zoom  lost control again

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1743698
2019-2-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

igor lynda Posted at 2-8 08:43
today Mavic 2 Zoom  lost control again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAoCuMTixFQ
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=178950&page=1#pid1743698

That is dangerous you should send it back to DJI
2019-2-9
Use props
igor lynda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90230 ft
Ukraine

Hello
the problem I solved
I tried to connect samsung a6 +
xiaomi redmi 6 pro
and samsung a8
with all there were problems
the whole problem in my android smartphone samsung a8 (2018)

I bought ipad mini 4 and use it to control mavic 2 zoom
flew 28 minutes and at a distance of 3 km - no problems

2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules