P2v+ and zenmuse gimbal. Need assistance
1305 19 2018-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Q30mo4ihhXP4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have recently bought a p2v+ from a friend the drone had been in a light crash. When I got it I had to re shell it and change the ribbon cable on the original camera I had video on the first attempt after but then stopped giving me the video feed but still had telemetry i purchased a gopro hero4 black and a zenmuse h3-3d gimbal and fit this but still no video feed I tried to 're flash the firmware on my wifi module with no luck so I bit the bullet and bought a "upgraded" wifi module but unfortunately I can't get it to connect to the app and I get "phantom connection broken" can anyone help with this please?
Thanks in advance Andy
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Reflashing the FW on the wifi module won't help.  Sounds like you need to flash the NAND in the original wifi module.  That was the first step which you should have done from the beginning before buying the Zenmuse and before buying the second wifi module.  It's likely that would completely solve your problem.  

The H3-3d is meant to be used with a straight Phantom 2.  I'm not sure how it would work with a P2V+.  I suggest you stick with the camera/gimbal that was designed for the P2V+.  

Since you now have the upgraded wifi module, you might as well use it.  But you're going to have to bind it to your range extender.  That can be a little tricky.  See your P2V+ manual and follow the instructions with precision.  Come back here with questions.

Good luck.  
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Q30mo4ihhXP4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I did try to flash the nand but it wasn't having it reason for buying a second wifi module. I have flooded a video on YouTube for connecting it to my vision plus and I was getting telemetry before now I get nothing but phantom connection failed and when I go to bind it I'm getting failed connection to wifi repeter
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Oh okay, "wifi repeater failed" something like that - that's actually normal.  Just do it again.  It will probably work the second time.  I've never seen it not work 3x in a row.

Good luck.  
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Q30mo4ihhXP4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've tried 10 or more times now
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Did you follow the instructions in the manual?  Did you go through the binding reset process with the range extender (i.e. use a paperclip to reset, etc.)?
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Q30mo4ihhXP4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yea reset the extender put mac address in power cycled and it's forgotten the mac address. I have searched for wifi addresses and it finds 2 I'm guessing one is the extender the other is the module but it doesn't recognise the wifi module
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Your wifi module as a MAC address label on it.  That's the one you have to use.  
Poke in those last three pairs of numbers.  Touch the check mark at the top right of the screen.  It should bind successful!  If it failed, do it again.  It should bind successful the second time.  
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Q30mo4ihhXP4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

That's the one I'm putting in it just flashed back to the home screen doesn't say anything about binding successful
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Home screen?  You mean it exited the area you were working in?  
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

After you enter the MAC address and press the check mark, a little circle should go round and round, and then afterwards you should get a message.  If there is no message, click the check mark again.  A little circle should go round and round.  Then you should get a message.  If the message is Wifi Repeater Failed, you'll have to re-enter the MAC address and do the entire process again.  Second time it should say Binding successful! or something like that.  It's rare for it not to work the second time.  
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

There are some youtube vids on it.  I'm not sure if they're any good though.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=phantom+2+vision+binding+wifi
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Q30mo4ihhXP4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It goes round and round then shows detail in the new camera said and mac then blue check again and it's like the app closes and goes back to the main screen as per picture
Screenshot_20181110-142812_DJI VISION.jpg
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Okay I think I see the problem.  You need to connect your mobile device to the wifi coming from your range extender.  It will be labeled PHANTOM blah blah.  Connect to that.  Then do the binding.  
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Q30mo4ihhXP4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I that's what I have been doing
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

No - the photo above shows your mobile device's wifi is connected to some other wifi, probably your home's wifi.  Go to the settings area of your mobile device and manually connect to the wifi that starts with PHANTOM.  You can actually just tap on the wifi label at the top of the screen on the Phantom app - it'll go straight to your mobile device settings.  

It might be easier if you turn off your home's wifi router.  
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Q30mo4ihhXP4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

That's how it has been
Screenshot_20181110-144036_DJI VISION.jpg
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

After you get "Binding successful!", the RE will reboot itself which means you will lose that wifi connection and have to reconnect after 40 secs or so.  But then that's it.  Everything should work.

But apparently we're not getting to that step.  

I gotta go catch a plane.  I will have to defer you to the youtube videos linked above.   

Good luck
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Q30mo4ihhXP4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok thanks for the assistance
2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. I am sorry to know that you are having trouble with your DJI Phantom 2 v Plus. Since this issue is happening on your drone. The best thing you need to do is to email DJI Support at support@dji.com for additional help on this matter. Thank you for your support.
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules