Do you ever get "shaky Thumb" sindrom?
718 11 2018-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Chile

Hi,

I´ve had a few hours air time with the spark, and another few with the phantom 3 (by no means a drone TOPGUN).

But I still get the shaky thumbs once is a while (when I go +1000 feet up / loose connection etc..).

Do you ever still get the shaky thumbs once in a while?

S.   
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. Good day and thank you for the information you have shared with us today. Upon checking the information you have given us. Since you are flying your DJI Spark in Chile, and Chile is under CE policy the maximum flight distance is 300 meters ( 1000 feet ) that is why you are loosing connection with your DJI Spark. For reference I will be posting a link where you can find additional information about the specifications of the DJI Spark https://www.dji.com/spark/info#specs. If you have any other concerns please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your support.
2018-11-12
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Chile

Thanks for the reply, no complaints 300Mts is enough for me hahah
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

FulanitoFlyer Posted at 11-12 09:38

You are welcome. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2018-11-12
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

FulanitoFlyer Posted at 11-12 09:38

I Get a bit shaky when i fly my drone in sport mode
low to the ground
2018-11-12
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I usually use the pinch method. Easier to manage nervousness.
2018-11-12
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Chile

Tentoes Posted at 11-12 10:29
I usually use the pinch method. Easier to manage nervousness.

I do get it a lot less with DJI drones, than when I used to fly RC planes.
2018-11-12
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

FulanitoFlyer Posted at 11-12 10:37
I do get it a lot less with DJI drones, than when I used to fly RC planes.

2nd this!  
Shaky Thumbs on a DJI Drone?  No Problem.  Release the sticks and shake the fingers out.  Drone will just hover there and wait.

Can't do that w/a plane!
2018-11-12
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I know what you mean so I must  have had it before.  Never with the drone that I can recall as it will hover by itself (lowest stress ever).  Maybe shaky thumbs when I was learning to fly my Piper Cub model and land it over the fence, around the barn, and before hitting the end of the field/fence.  
2018-11-12
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

I get shaky thumbs with every take-off - asking myself if this is the flight in which compass errors come, atti mode kicks in, and she decides she's off to the races to get to the mother ship.  Still, I continue to fly.  But I have to admit, if I don't hear "home point updated", then I make sure I manually set one before going above 15ft and  and anywhere horizontal.
2018-11-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Syndrome.....  Not really, but I've had a few toe twitches :-)   FWIW, don't be posting a sad story here about your Spark loosing connection or something about your drone being confiscated by the authorities.  They may just glue your thumbs together.  ;-)
Seriously, though.  At those altitudes keep an eye on your battery (since you won't be able to see the Spark anyhow).  If it's the least bit windy it will burn battery to hold position an take longer to descend.
2018-11-12
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Chile

WebParrot Posted at 11-12 19:00
Syndrome.....  Not really, but I've had a few toe twitches :-)   FWIW, don't be posting a sad story here about your Spark loosing connection or something about your drone being confiscated by the authorities.  They may just glue your thumbs together.  ;-)
Seriously, though.  At those altitudes keep an eye on your battery (since you won't be able to see the Spark anyhow).  If it's the least bit windy it will burn battery to hold position an take longer to descend.

Thanks for the advice! yep just up take a few pictures and right back down. (to be honest I feel safer with it directly up rather than it being horizontally further away) against cloud you can see it @ 300mts.
2018-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules