Mainland China landline problem on Mavic 2 pro
990 4 2018-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MISTER J
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys. Can anybody on here help me.

My MAVIC 2 pro arrived from Heliguy last week after a 3 month waiting time.  Downloaded DJI GO 4. Newest version. Running on iPad mini, IOS 12.1. All firmware was updated on first day for the drone etc. First problem arose with the registration info on DJI GO 4. There was no option to choose anywhere other mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan or another Asian country as my location. Now my profile says I am in mainland China. Updated firmware on controller today and now I can’t acces the app. Just had a white screen asking for my mainland China phone number to link device. Great. Was going well and not so well.

So, only way to resolve this was to delete the app and reload it. Same problem again. Next, deleted app again,  clear cache on iPad and reload, same problem. So, next deleted app, reset iPad, reload app, same problem again. What is happening. Grrr.

I have read on the forum that loads of people have had the same problem but these are all from 2017 and cant find any thread on this issue for 2018 Mavic 2 pro. Not sure what to do now. Stuck for ideas.
Also having problem with DJI GO 4 on my iPad mini. In my ‘me’ profile page I only have country/region choices of China, Taiwan, macau and Hong Kong? I live in UK. However, what is odd is that on my other larger iPad which also has DJI GO 4 loaded on it, I don’t have this problem, being given all country options? So, it can’t be anything to do with my WiFi IP?

Please help.

Rich

2018-11-12
Use props
MISTER J
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Anybody out there?
2018-11-13
Use props
MISTER J
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok. Update for anyone having a similar problem with DJI Go 4 on iPad iOS system where the app doesn’t give any country/ region options other than China, Taiwan, macau and Hong Kong. I have now resolved this problem. I think it is related to the simulator when controller is plugged into computer for update within DJI Assistant. I think the simulator mode writes some deep country location code into the iPad operating system that you can’t delete without deleting app from within general  settings rather than holding finger on app icon to delete. If you delete app by holding finger on icon on home page the problem persists, but if you delete app from within settings page and go to storage and delete app this way and then redownload and install the country/ region options reappear. Lessons ......stay away from the simulation in DJI assistant until this problem is resolved by DJI and when deleting an app from your iPad go through settings page rather than deleting app with icon on home page.

Now to resolve the mainland China phone numbe problem.
2018-11-13
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Glad that you solved it!

Flysafely
Alex
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MISTER J Posted at 11-13 01:25
Ok. Update for anyone having a similar problem with DJI Go 4 on iPad iOS system where the app doesn’t give any country/ region options other than China, Taiwan, macau and Hong Kong. I have now resolved this problem. I think it is related to the simulator when controller is plugged into computer for update within DJI Assistant. I think the simulator mode writes some deep country location code into the iPad operating system that you can’t delete without deleting app from within general  settings rather than holding finger on app icon to delete. If you delete app by holding finger on icon on home page the problem persists, but if you delete app from within settings page and go to storage and delete app this way and then redownload and install the country/ region options reappear. Lessons ......stay away from the simulation in DJI assistant until this problem is resolved by DJI and when deleting an app from your iPad go through settings page rather than deleting app with icon on home page.

Now to resolve the mainland China phone numbe problem.

HI, sorry for the troubles that it may cause you. Glad to know that everything has been sorted out now for you. I will forward your feedback to our team. We've replied as well to your other thread. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for the support.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-172157-1-1.html

2018-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules