Bad section on screen but only in videos? Help please
754 3 2018-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DougW
lvl.2
United States

Hello
We purchased a new P4P v2 in mid August. We have about 10 hours flight time on it total and maybe 1000 photos thus far. Love it!!! We only did a few small videos to start. Just noticed today that every single video we have taken has a bad section on the screen in it at the exact same location on the screen in each. Photos do not have this issue, the lens is totally clean. This only shows up in the videos.

It is near the bottom of the screen just to the left of center and it is a section about 1 1/2 inches round that appears to be pixelated. Has anyone seen this before and if so what can be done. I emailed the issue to DJI but they are not in until tomorrow morning. Was planning on getting more video tomorrow since we just started using the DJI Editor today.

Help please. - thanks

Bad spot in videos

Bad spot in videos
2018-11-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That's a new one, have not seen that before. As I understand it, you do not get this problem with still photos? Have you tried recording in various movie resolution settings to see if it happens in all of them?
2018-11-12
Use props
DougW
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-12 19:03
That's a new one, have not seen that before. As I understand it, you do not get this problem with still photos? Have you tried recording in various movie resolution settings to see if it happens in all of them?

No, not yet. That's the plan for tomorrow. Just found this issue tonight. The videos I had taken thus far really were nothing special, so we hadn't looked at them much. Tonight decided to explore the editor and that's when we saw the issue.  
2018-11-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That’s an odd one, for sure. Not sure there is much you can do, to correct it.

Certainly recording in different resolutions isn’t a fix. Just a bandaid at best.

Unfortunately, you may need to send it in, for proper analysis and eventual repair!

Hopeful, that something could possibly be done, by you first.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules