SDK able to connect to controller USB/Phantom 3?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdepasquale
lvl.2

United States

I looked through the SDK, trying to understand what methods are available in Android in order to communicate (i.e. get live video streaming) through the controller-to-USB connection.  I have a Phantom 2 and I was able to connect over WiFi using the SDK and perform some functions.  I just got a Phantom 3 and noticed there is no WiFi connection anymore, that it all goes through the USB port.

I tried to connect using my app, without WiFi and the USB cable connected, and it didn't work.  I was curious if the DJI SDK abstracts the connection (WiFi/USB) or if there are special functions in order to receive the data?  When I connect the controller to the tablet via USB and fire up the DJI Pilot app, I can see the livestream video just fine.

Any hints?
2015-6-3
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.2

Netherlands

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but do you have USB debugging enabled? And before you say yes cause the pilot app works: I think it needs to be enabled for each app indivitually.
2015-6-3
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

You have to run the app on an Android device with he USB plugged into it. Won't work from a PC using an emulator.

So you have to write the app on a PC, upload it to the Android through USB, then unplug the USB from the PC and plug it into the remote control.

It sucks because you can't do any debug though the USB because it is no longer hooked up to the PC.

You can do WiFi debug but it is painfully slow and not very useful.
2015-6-3
Use props
mdepasquale
lvl.2

United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-6-4 09:07
You have to run the app on an Android device with he USB plugged into it. Won't work from a PC using ...

I haven't changed my app at all, I.e. the one which connected to the Phantom 2 via wifi.  I just connected the USB from the tablet to the controller and reran the app I built but it never seems to connect. My tablet is rooted, debug enabled, etc. It wasn't clear to me if there were a different set of SDK calls to communicate through USB as opposed to wireless or if something else was wrong.
2015-6-4
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

mdepasquale Posted at 2015-6-5 04:26
I haven't changed my app at all, I.e. the one which connected to the Phantom 2 via wifi.  I just c ...

Are you using the newest SDK? 2.0.0 I think.

The old one won't work on the P3 or Inspire.

2015-6-4
Use props
mdepasquale
lvl.2

United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-6-5 10:55
Are you using the newest SDK? 2.0.0 I think.

The old one won't work on the P3 or Inspire.

Well that's a good point!  I never thought to check that.  Most likely I am not since I've been coding for a few months and I see it was released 4/30.  Thanks!
2015-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules