Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Dear DJI people,
There are VERY SIGNIFICANT features missing in GO App for iOS 4.3.4, that ware present for many years in GO App v3.

DISPLAY COLOR WARNING ON WEAKEST CELL VOLTAGE IN MAIN APP SCREEN ALL THE TIME, AS IT USED TO BE IN GO APP V3
On main screen of GO App v4, in top right corner, voltage of weakest cell is displayed (if appropriate option is enabled in the menu), but this voltage happens to be in green color all the time, despite  real voltages can go into yellow warning or red critical color when looking directly in Battery status screen. Plese note that cell voltage 3.7V in hovering is considered good, but same cell can easily drop to 3.6V under throtle (which happens to be yellow warning), and it drops down below 3.5V (critical red) if full throtle is applied in sport mode for more than few seconds. Even cell voltage of 3.8V in hovering can drop to critical level below 3.5V if max throttle is applied for prolonged time. Healthy battery will rebound to level voltage once throthle is released, but excessive drop can cause damage (or worse in cold weather )...  Therefore it is of outmost importance for operator to be clearly aware of such drops and to adjust it flight attitude accordingly.
Until recent TB50 fuss, I was unaware that is color alrams do not work on main screen,  despite from Inspire 1 Pro days and from using GO App v3 I am accustomed to have this color warnings on mian screen fully representing status of weakest cell.

GIVE US OPTION TO SET C1/C2 BUTTONS ON REGULAR REMOTE TO DISPLAY BATTERY STATUS SCREEN ANYTIME.
At this moment (fw 01.02.300, iOS GO App 4.3.4) it is not possible to have any custom button set to promptly display Battery ststus screen, so operator can not easily check cells balance, temperature and set thresholds. I am aware that Candence users have such option, still regular controllers do not have available option in the app. It is of great importance for all users to efficiently check battery health anytime (much more important then choosing camera options from C buttons) - so please make that option available for all.

I feel that I am not the only one who cares diligently about battery voltage iand I am not the only one who would not like to use Inspire 2 and all the accessories in upcoming cold winter weather without properly monitoring my battery status and adjusting my flight to the ststus of the battery in the air. So, PLEASE ACT ACCORDINGLY ASAP. Thank you for the support.

PS. I am aware of new TB50 firmware, still it does not adress any of the problems thst should be mitigated by this feature request.

2018-11-16
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

I hope for some reply, experienced user opinion or workaround. Are there any?Freezing temperatures in mu region started this weekend and they are here to stay for several months - from my experience with Inspire 1 Pro / X5 "smart" DJI batteries and from the xperinece with "dumb" LiPo batteries I find missing battery monitoring features of great importance in winter flights, where cell voltages can drop much more rapidly if high power on motors is used... So, please share if there is any viable solution for efficient battery monitoring on Inspire 2.
2018-11-19
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

I believed that someone would consider this tipic now when it got obvious that firmware.300 didn't fix faulty batteries.
Last day I have tested my battery packs, while it was approximately 0C outside and 10C in the car. By monitoring Aircraft Battery status screen it was obvious that Inspire 2 motors can get startred despite battery was only at 12C. Auto heating got engaged, still it was obvious that voltage drop under load on cold battery is significantly more pronounced then on warmed up batteries - cold fully charged battery could get 3.7V right away in plain hover. When batteries reached some working temperature aprox . 25C they performed better, still full power (even without sport mode) caused additional voltage drop more pronounced then in summertime  - from  3.7V in hover it would drop donw to 3.4V when  full power is applied.
All cell voltages ware clearly visible in Arcraft Battery status screen, and got marked yellow when udner 3.62 and red under 3.5V.
Unfortunately such warning is completely invisible on main Go app screen - voltage is in green letters even if it goes under 3.5V, so you could be easily unaware of critical battery drain. You could be careful and throttle down  if you got clear and readable voltage info and warining on the main screen, but you can't get it in Go app. You could glance on Aircraft Battery status once in a while if C1/C2 buttons can be programmed to show that screen, but they can't with regular Inspire 2 controller.
So, do we have to buy Cendence in order to get option for  C1/C2 to show Aircradt Battery screen?  Is it so hard to make such simole option for C1/C2 button of regular controller?
Do we have to put Go app iPad scren close to the nose to read exaxt voltage in green letters, despite it drops down to critical (red) values under load - or we could get voltage in warning color same as it was on Go app v3 and Inspire 1?
2018-12-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DrMrdalj Posted at 11-19 02:22
I hope for some reply, experienced user opinion or workaround. Are there any?Freezing temperatures in mu region started this weekend and they are here to stay for several months - from my experience with Inspire 1 Pro / X5 "smart" DJI batteries and from the xperinece with "dumb" LiPo batteries I find missing battery monitoring features of great importance in winter flights, where cell voltages can drop much more rapidly if high power on motors is used... So, please share if there is any viable solution for efficient battery monitoring on Inspire 2.

For easy access to battery information on the original RC, just tap the battery icon on the main screen and it will bring up the battery information.
2018-12-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Cougar1 Posted at 12-7 05:22
For easy access to battery information on the original RC, just tap the battery icon on the main screen and it will bring up the battery information.

With all do respect, Cougar ... This is NOT easy access. C1/C2 assigned buttons is ...
2018-12-7
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

Cougar1 Posted at 12-7 05:22
For easy access to battery information on the original RC, just tap the battery icon on the main screen and it will bring up the battery information.

It seems to me that you did not read full post and problem/solution that I advocate.
Obviously one  can tap screen  precisely on battery info once to see the detailed info, then tap again to dismiss battery info - please  try doing that once in a minite or two and tell me do you like it that way,. Then try it while using hand gloves or with freezing fingers...  Try reading exact battery voltage in top right corner and quickly sopot when it drops criticaly under throttle, while visualy monitoring your drone and the shot you film, and tell me wouldn't be much more comfortable to have color warnings right there (as it was in Go app v3). It really seems that you haven't experienced LiPo behavior in cold temps and importance of continuous monitoring of your voltages.
2018-12-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DrMrdalj Posted at 12-7 14:10
It seems to me that you did not read full post and problem/solution that I advocate.
Obviously one  can tap screen  precisely on battery info once to see the detailed info, then tap again to dismiss battery info - please  try doing that once in a minite or two and tell me do you like it that way,. Then try it while using hand gloves or with freezing fingers...  Try reading exact battery voltage in top right corner and quickly sopot when it drops criticaly under throttle, while visualy monitoring your drone and the shot you film, and tell me wouldn't be much more comfortable to have color warnings right there (as it was in Go app v3). It really seems that you haven't experienced LiPo behavior in cold temps and importance of continuous monitoring of your voltages.

I did read your post, sorry if I misunderstood your comments, but there where no indication as to if you where aware of the function of pressing the icon, to get to the battery page or not. So if you where not, I simply suggested that.

I do agree that using a function accessible trough a simple press on the C1/C2 buttons would be much better.
Before I got my Cendence RC I used to use gloves (in the cold) that where touch sensitive to access menus.
2018-12-7
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Why could DJI not simply add a feature to display the voltages of every battery on screen like the histogram, user selectable ON/OFF in the settings or by RC button.

Like this:
2018-12-7
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

Cougar1 Posted at 12-7 16:54
I did read your post, sorry if I misunderstood your comments, but there where no indication as to if you where aware of the function of pressing the icon, to get to the battery page or not. So if you where not, I simply suggested that.

I do agree that using a function accessible trough a simple press on the C1/C2 buttons would be much better.

I am sorry for miss understanding and glad that we make it clear after all. Thank your for the input that will be useful for someone readig this thread.
2018-12-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 12-7 16:54

I do agree that using a function accessible trough a simple press on the C1/C2 buttons would be much better.

Wearing gloves makes sense, up there close to the Northpole  

All the best
Rich
2018-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 12-7 13:13
With all do respect, Cougar ... This is NOT easy access. C1/C2 assigned buttons is ...

super easy to track batteries using the buttons, on or off .... this way it doesn't take up needed main screen space.

Rich
2018-12-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 12-8 11:22
Wearing gloves makes sense, up there close to the Northpole  

All the best

A bit off-topic, but I couldn't resist to make fun at the expense of our host ... Long story short, I've win a DJI contest about Halloween. The prize: a pair of DJI gloves and a scarf ... Just yesterday received e-mail:

"Hi Matthew,

There is one question, the gloves has some problems which caused the gloves haven’t been shipped to us yet. Would you mind to change the gloves to water bottom?

Many many sorry.

Best

发件人: Matthew Dobrski [mailto:dobmatt@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2018年11月17日 3:12
收件人: DJI Forum Team
主题: Re: DJI Forum #Halloween activity winner"

Now, would anybody explain what "water bottom" is? I'll prefer water top, as the bottom can be muddy.   On the other hand, water top will freeze now. Decisions, decisions ...
2018-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 12-8 11:54
A bit off-topic, but I couldn't resist to make fun at the expense of our host ... Long story short, I've win a DJI contest about Halloween. The prize: a pair of DJI gloves and a scarf ... Just yesterday received e-mail:

"Hi Matthew,

I about fell off my chair reading this !!!

As you probably know water bottom is Chinese for water bottle   

Rich
2018-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules