2549 7 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carmach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 888310 ft
Chile

Hi,

I just switched from MP1 to MP2 Pro and I noticed the option to configure the days for auto-discharge is missing.

I have the latest FW

Thanks!

2018-11-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It will auto discharge after ten days. Unlike the Mavic Pro,  the Mavic 2 Pro cannot be set in DJI Go 4.

So all is working as it should.
2018-11-16
Use props
Carmach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 888310 ft
Chile

Thanks for your reply. When I had the MP1 I had it set to "2 days".

Is it totally safe to wait the 10 days or should I fly to lower it?

2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Carmach Posted at 11-16 15:38

Hello there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, the battery will automatically discharge to less than 60% of the battery level when it's idle for more than 10 days. It takes approximately three to four days to discharge the battery to 65%. Also, the Mavic 2 Series no longer need to set the auto-discharge on the DJI Go 4 App. If you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.
2018-11-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have never had any problems with all my batteries set at ten days (P4 & Mavic Pro), given that DJI have set the default at ten days I don't think there would be any problems at all.
2018-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 11-16 16:20
I have never had any problems with all my batteries set at ten days (P4 & Mavic Pro), given that DJI have set the default at ten days I don't think there would be any problems at all.

I think problem may have been setting to 3 days, forgetting and go out flying on day 5 and battery drains fast, looks like dji are now settings parameters for what they see as safe for us.
2018-11-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I highly doubt that this discharge is working as it should after 10 days. i fully charge my mavic 2 and if left in storage at 100% and i decide to fly on day 3 or 4 my batteries all of them are around 96 to 97 % which is telling me that they start to discharge way before the said 10 days
2018-11-16
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It depends where and how you store them.  Due to the (slight) fire risk if you are leaving them out of sight in  a room full of combustable stuff I would suggest discharging them.

That I do is use the power bank adaptor and use it to charge my phones etc to discharge the battery to 60%    The power bank adaptor is a very useful tool for that.  Look upon it as a discharging tool.

I saw a review of the fly more pack saying the pack was a waste of time and this power-bank adaptor was pointless... not if you want to discharge the batteries.   

2018-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules