Firmware update
2335 12 2018-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Mc Arthur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41893 ft
Canada

I tried to upgrade to the latest firmware for M210 yesterday.  Would only goto about 45% and then fail, any one else having this problem?  

Now my unit is stuck with solid red light and can't refresh the current version as it fails as well?
Not great performance in my opinion.
Jim

2018-11-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What is the the firmware version you're trying to upgrade to? Are you using Matrice specific DJI Assistant 2 software (there's another "general purpose" version as well)? Did you try to use different computer, perhaps an Mac?
2018-11-17
Use props
Jim Mc Arthur
lvl.3
Canada

Matrice200 series V01.02.0000 is the latest version I believe.  I have not had any problems updating before.  Yes I have the matrice specific DJI assistant 2.  i do not have a mac but have tried from a laptop and then from a desktop.
Thanks Jim
2018-11-17
Use props
Robert M Serino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Jim Mc Arthur Posted at 11-17 13:08
Matrice200 series V01.02.0000 is the latest version I believe.  I have not had any problems updating before.  Yes I have the matrice specific DJI assistant 2.  i do not have a mac but have tried from a laptop and then from a desktop.
Thanks Jim

Upgraded to all of the latest firmware today for M200 thru the DJI GO4 app and so far, all seems to be OK after flights with pairs of TB50 and TB55 batteries.
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jim, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, is the version of DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.4? Did you try to update via DJI Go 4 APP? When it fails, is there any error message or error code?
2018-11-19
Use props
Jim Mc Arthur
lvl.3
Canada

Ok so I used the go4 app and all seems to have worked properly. DJI Mindy there was no error code, it said error and there was a upload error file button on the screen which I did several times.  I assume that was uploading the file to DJI.

thanks
Jim
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jim Mc Arthur Posted at 11-19 10:31
Ok so I used the go4 app and all seems to have worked properly.  DJI Mindy there was no error code, it said error and there was a upload error file button on the screen which I did several times.  I assume that was uploading the file to DJI.

thanks

Glad to know the firmware has been updated successfully via DJI Go 4, they may be a glitch in the previous upgrade, please let us know if there is any further issue.
2018-11-20
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

This firmware update is a disaster.  Inconsistent behavior on when drone initiates a critical RTH function.  Can't set thresholds anymore for when low battery and critical battery alert is sent.  RTH initiated suddenly at unexpected battery capacity levels/voltages.  Clearly, not enough testing done while in a hurry to fix a rare battery issue.  I wish I could roll mine back as I never had any of the reported issues.  Why can't I roll the update back like any previous update??  
2018-11-20
Use props
Droning.CG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41083 ft

Poland

What happens to the enterprise segment? The M200 series is falling from the sky, and subsequent DJI updates only deepen failures, and broaden the dissatisfied group of users. DJI ???
2018-11-21
Use props
skysenseuav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459 ft
Belgium

Hello, I have updated my M200 to the new firmware of 16 nov (it was a forced updated, otherwise the aircraft would not take off) but now my smart RTH does not work. It is even worse. While in the green (35%). I get sudden battery critical error and aircraft starts to land. I have missed oud on 2 mapping jobs because of this and a near crash... DJI please fix the new firmware!!!
2018-11-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nov 22/2018
Upgrading via Assistant software simply doesn't work, but via Go 4 app does. RC upgraded as well, all batts on .77 FW version. DJI Go 4 and Pilot apps updated on CS UB.

I'm going to fly this bird now, let's see how it works ... low and slow ...
EDIT: Just returned from two TB50 pairs worth field test ...

Attention all M200 series pilots who upgraded the FW to .0000 version: make sure you're on the ground or above at Home Point with at least 30% battery left! The Go4 app will issue Critically Low Battery warning at around +/_ 25% power level regardless your settings and will execute emergency landing immediately after! You can control the descent, but be prepared.

2018-11-22
Use props
Robert M Serino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Robert M Serino Posted at 11-17 17:49
Upgraded to all of the latest firmware today for M200 thru the DJI GO4 app and so far, all seems to be OK after flights with pairs of TB50 and TB55 batteries.

Same again today as 17 November post #4...At the 43% charge point with TB55 batts, was alerted on the GO4 app to do a return to home (RTH) and land...Batts showed voltages above 3.60 volts on all cells and so cancelled RTH on app and then flew them down to 35% OK...Results (and best practices) suggest that following voltages and staying above 3.60 volts for both batts and all cells works OK when checking thru the GO4 Version 4.3.5 app...No issues or warnings with TB50 batts down to 30% charge.  Note: Based on some hard lessons learned, I always try to fly with a charge reserve and typically land with not less than 30% charge remaining.
2018-11-25
Use props
savagemic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272523 ft
United States

The critical RTH at 25/30% charge additional would have been nice to know. Thankfully a crash was avoided but DJI needs to work on its transparency with changes like that to the software!
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules