Video interference-purple/pink flashes
1257 12 2018-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb6561d7d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430633 ft
United States

I recently repaired my drone after a crash that involved water. I replaced the main core board, cables, camera lens, and thoroughly removed all the mineral deposits. The drone operates but I’m getting some flashes in the video. Both in my stream and on the internal and external sd. Not much left to replace. Any ideas?
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're very sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you had with your Mavic. However, we don't recommend to self-repair your drone. It is recommended to send in the drone for repair service, our repair team will evaluate the drone. Or try to contact our support for a further help at http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-17
Use props
fansb6561d7d
lvl.1
United States

Yea. I did that already. Being the drone sat on the bottom of a lake for almost 6 wks I don’t think it’s something that DJI would cover! (:-) ) so it’s been a bit of a passion project for me. Just looking for some ideas to try.
2018-11-18
Use props
Mavic_Jay
First Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

6 weeks under water .... how did you find it again?
2018-11-18
Use props
fansb6561d7d
lvl.1
United States

I looked for all that time using underwater cameras and sonar. I finally used another Mavic Pro running Litchi. I had the gps coordinates from the flight logs of the crashed one. It put me within inches of where it went down. First dive down in 18’ of water, in total darkness I found it! True story! Crazy!
53EF4877-38CE-46D7-95D8-B74FA8C8BB9B.jpeg
2018-11-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

fansb6561d7d Posted at 11-18 06:47
I looked for all that time using underwater cameras and sonar. I finally used another Mavic Pro running Litchi. I had the gps coordinates from the flight logs of the crashed one. It put me within inches of where it went down. First dive down in 18’ of water, in total darkness I found it! True story! Crazy!

wow great story!
2018-11-18
Use props
Zyras
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Now THAT is persistence!
2018-11-18
Use props
Mavic_Jay
First Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

That's wicked, good luck with the issues
2018-11-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

My hat off to you, you my friend deserve if there was one pilot of the month.
2018-11-18
Use props
fansb6561d7d
lvl.1
United States

Thanks friends! It really is stupid the amount of time that’s been put into finding and fixing this! Especially when I already bought a new Mavic 2 and another Mavic Pro ( Microcenter open box $429-couldn’t say no, flys perfect). But as any soldier knows, no soldier left behind! (Site won’t take my video’s from iPhone).  Won’t show the 40hrs in between trying to fix the core board. Flew it tonight finally! No issues except the video issues I asked about.
2018-11-18
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a camera connection issue, as the issue persists even on the SD card and not just the image transmission as you mentioned-- you would've been able to send the bird in to DJI for repair even though it was sitting in water for a long time before you found it, however since you made repairs yourself it no longer qualifies for repair from DJI directly. Look into replacing the camera connector/ribbon if possible.
I wish you luck! Great story and I'm glad that you found the drone in the end.
2018-11-19
Use props
fansb6561d7d
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the advice! I did replace the ribbon cable. No luck. Also the camera lens/sensor. Still have the issue. Any other thoughts? I’m thinking that maybe one of the led lights could have mineral deposits on the leads and is causing some system interference. The main board I bought on EBay could also be defective. Or the esc board could have a problem. I do hear a slight pulse from either one of the motors or the led.
2018-11-20
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

fansb6561d7d Posted at 11-18 06:47
I looked for all that time using underwater cameras and sonar. I finally used another Mavic Pro running Litchi. I had the gps coordinates from the flight logs of the crashed one. It put me within inches of where it went down. First dive down in 18’ of water, in total darkness I found it! True story! Crazy!

Great rescue story.
Hope you can get your problem resolved.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules