FPV w/ Galaxy S4 Not Working
4512 13 2015-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbuhler
lvl.1

United States

I'm at a complete loss as to why I am having so many issues getting the image from my phantom's camera to display in the Pilot app. I've downloaded the latest version from the website, uninstalled and re-installed and I still get really weird behavior.

I do briefly see a message when starting up about a weak video signal and then it goes away. I then see an image from the camera and if I am holding it in my hand with the controller and the app open, it sometimes updates the image as I move it around, but not very slowly. It also tends to lock up with an image and doesn't change after I move the gimbal up and down or even turn the phantom pointing it do a different location.

I've tried changing the setting for Video from auto to custom and selecting a channel and that doesn't seem to work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other steps to troubleshoot? It sucks not being able to fly this with FPV!

I'm running Android 5.0 on a rooted Galaxy S4.
2015-6-3
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Maybe the device is not fast enough?

The DJI Pilot app is only compatible with devices running iOS 8.0 or later or Android v4.1.2 or later.
The following devices are recommended:
iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3 , Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
Support for additional Android devices will become available as testing and development continues.
2015-6-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

You mean you can see lag from video feed?
Firstly, tell me you mobile device.
Then firmware version. Is it happened after the firmware update?
2015-6-3
Use props
mbuhler
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-4 10:33
Then firmware version. ...

I get an initial image when I power up.  But when I move the phantom around in my hand with the controller in the other, it updates the live video feed for a second or so and then freezes.  

The mobile device is a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0.   I find it hard to believe that it is not powerful enough to stream live video.  I have no problem streaming or watching video on the device from other sources.
2015-6-3
Use props
mbuhler
lvl.1

United States

It has the latest firmware.  I just got it and immediately updated the firmware to the latest version before I ever tried to fly it.
2015-6-3
Use props
mbuhler
lvl.1

United States

It has the latest firmware version from the DJI website.
2015-6-3
Use props
ImmortalCulture
lvl.2

Canada

I was flying with the old firmware and the old app 1.0.9 ? and FPV worked perfectly on my Galaxy S4 Android 5.0. Since updating firmware and app the FPV is crap, it is exactly as mbuhler has described. I'm not too concerned with not being able to see FPV, but I only get height and distance every few seconds when the image updates and I'm not a big fan of this... Hope DJI Fixes.
2015-6-3
Use props
mbuhler
lvl.1

United States

ImmortalCulture Posted at 2015-6-4 14:51
I was flying with the old firmware and the old app 1.0.9 ? and FPV worked perfectly on my Galaxy S4  ...

Thanks for confirming your experience using the same device.   It is hard when you don't know if it is something specific to only your specific device and/or possible a configuration or a general support issue across all of the same device.    The more I research this, the more I realize it is a pretty big problem for a lot of people.

The only weird thing is that I will see 2 different people with the same model mobile/tablet device have completely different issues.   Although I suppose they could be on different firmware/app versions.

You wouldn't happen to have the old firmware or mobile app by chance, would you?
2015-6-4
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

mbuhler Posted at 2015-6-4 13:16
I get an initial image when I power up.  But when I move the phantom around in my hand with the co ...

I don't know if they solved it but early on a lot of people were saying they were having problems with Android 5.

If you can, try an Android 4 device. If it works on that, then you found the problem.
2015-6-4
Use props
hal_jacobs
New

United States

I'm having trouble with the FPV on the Galaxy S5.  I just got the Phantom 3 Advanced Tuesday and it worked fine that day.  Yesterday I started having freezing issues and today it will not work at all.  When I power everything up the FPV works for about 5 seconds and then the picture goes to black and white and freezes.  

2015-6-4
Use props
Bratinov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I have the Professional,
Using the s4 with it is very frustrating, the app lags so much its nearly unusable. (i do get a picture though)
It crashes frequently and slows the phone to a craw... I'm scared to fly with it.
I run the latest drone firmware, latest official Samsung firmware and the latest Pilot app.

Used Clean Master to kill everything that I could, still runs terrible  

2015-6-5
Use props
rlane
lvl.1

United States

Autumn,

No need asking all of these questions.  Have your Engineers load the latest Phantom 3 Pro firmware, using a Samsung Tab S (either 8.4 or 10 does not matter) with the latest Android update - Using the latest Pilot App.  Just try it themselves.  They will see what we are all experiencing.  This is a very widespread problem, but you are addressing each complaint as something new and unique.

Try it and see for yourself.  If no new P3P firmware upgrade is available by this time new week.  I guarantee you will see a segment about this problem on CNN news.  I will personally see to that by way of my father (Sr VP).  This is very bad.
2015-6-5
Use props
mbuhler
lvl.1

United States

rlane@shadoweye Posted at 2015-6-6 03:10
Autumn,

No need asking all of these questions.  Have your Engineers load the latest Phantom 3 P ...

I am not sure that threats of seeing it reported by CNN is really necessary or dropping your Dad's supposed position with the network.  

I am as frustrated as the next guy, but if you think CNN would waste dedicated air time to this issue, then your Sr. VP. father should be fired, IMO.   I literally laughed
2015-6-5
Use props
rlane
lvl.1

United States

mbuhler Posted at 2015-6-6 08:19
I am not sure that threats of seeing it reported by CNN is really necessary or dropping your Dad's ...

Are you some kind of nut case?  My post wasn't addressed to you, and I could give a rat's behind what makes you laugh.  The firmware was released within the time specified and that my friend is THAT.
2015-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules