Mountain bike or running with Mavic 2 - what to do with controller
2690 11 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DragonShout
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64911 ft
United States

I'm interested in the follow me modes in the mavic 2 but I'm not sure how to do this while Mountain Biking, Hiking, or Trail Running.  I saw a video on the mavic pro (backpack ad) where the mtn bike rider selected the mode, phone in pocket, & rode off - I just found out that's not available for the mavic 2.

What are the best options?  I plan to wear a drone-specific backpack while doing these activities so if I could somehow set the mode, put the controller in the backpack, & take off....it'd just have to be able to deal with bouncing around a little.

I saw a stick cover but my phone will still have to be connected to the controller, & then the RTH button could accidentally be pressed.  I'm halfway tempted to buy a spark but I've sunk so much money into this & accessories I hope to find a way to make this work without having to buy a complete additional drone.

2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi DragonShout, thank you for your interest in purchasing the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. If you plan to do an activity that enables the aircraft to follow you while mountain biking, Mavic 2 Pro has the Active track 2.0 feature. Kindly click this USER MANUAL for more information about your concern. You may also find great deals this Black Friday if you decided to purchase. We thank you in advance for choosing DJI. Hope this helps.
2018-11-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Purchase a bike mount for the controller?
2018-11-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Here is the link but not sure if it will work with m2 rc https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... le/32821999448.html
2018-11-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum DragonShout
2018-11-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jacksonnai Posted at 11-18 01:27
Purchase a bike mount for the controller?

Good idea mate!
2018-11-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks!
2018-11-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome mate
2018-11-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

A CW Posted at 11-18 23:42
You're welcome mate

2018-11-19
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

That mount from AliExpress seems to be a great solution.  I too couldn't figure how to have my drone follow me and have the remote somewhere where I could easily take control of it.  A backpack didn't seem right as it could get bounced around causing an inadvertent button click or a stick push causing the drone to crash.  this is a really good solution!
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-11-19
Use props
DragonShout
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64911 ft
United States

That controller's fine for rolling around the neighborhood but it'd take some heavy modification before I'd trust it on a trail (drops, bumps, etc).  

Any chance they'll add the feature the spark & mavic pro have where auto track can be set up with the phone (controller not needed)?
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules