2292 12 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BranDrone 007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1179039 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok- I have a weird one.. I just got my New CS 7.85 High-Brightness model 3 days ago, it’s awsome and works great however I’ve been experiencing a dulling or dimming anomaly on the top right side corner of the screen that extends 2 inches in from and 2 inches down from the corner..!! This concerns me and I spent $700 on this device and want it to last. Here’s the weirdness, while looking through all of the settings menu, I looked at the “about device” screen and I see the model number listed is: CS785U that tells me this is a Ultra-Bright version and NOT the High-Bright version. Has anyone else noticed this on your device? On the back of the monitor, where the battery connects is where you see the device info and it shows: CS785 as expected and there is not a large “U” stamped on the top right edge of the monitor frame like there would be if the unit as a ultra bright model.

Please let me know if anyone else has noticed any of what I’ve mentioned above with your device and what does it show in the model number line inside the about device page of the settings menu. I have to wonder if DJI has been filtering in some of the refurbished Ultra-Bright monitors into the High-Bright models.

Thanks in advance for any response!
2018-11-18
Use props
BranDrone 007
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

After further investigation into the model number, my unit is in fact an UB version. So I guess I’m happy I didn’t $1000 for it and I hope it lasts and doesn’t go out on me like May other UB models.
2018-11-22
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

fingers crossed for you fella ...
2018-11-22
Use props
BranDrone 007
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 11-22 12:23
fingers crossed for you fella ...

Thanks- I hope she lasts...
2018-11-22
Use props
fans0d944772
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1517887 ft
South Africa

BranDrone 007 Posted at 2018-11-22 11:09
After further investigation into the model number, my unit is in fact an UB version. So I guess I’m happy I didn’t $1000 for it and I hope it lasts and doesn’t go out on me like May other UB models.

I have exactly the same, how did u conclude that yours is the UB?
2019-1-24
Use props
BranDrone 007
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans0d944772 Posted at 1-24 13:32
I have exactly the same, how did u conclude that yours is the UB?

So I had been watching a bunch of videos on YouTube about the CS and came across a vid that the guy did a complete walkthrough of every setting in the settings menu- he got to the info screen and I could clearly see that the model number of his 7.85 did not list the "U" within the model number (CS785) and my CS does (CS785U).

I had asked a question to anther youtuber about his and he replied back to me stating his did not show the "U" on his unit listed in model number inside the info section of the settings menu. I went a step further and googled the information listed in the info section of my unit's settings menu and I found info and pictures that distinctly point out that the unit I have is in fact an ULTRA model.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a unit like that. I would like to figure a way to measure the NIT output to know 100%.     
2019-1-24
Use props
fans0d944772
lvl.1
South Africa

BranDrone 007 Posted at 1-24 15:53
So I had been watching a bunch of videos on YouTube about the CS and came across a vid that the guy did a complete walkthrough of every setting in the settings menu- he got to the info screen and I could clearly see that the model number of his 7.85 did not list the "U" within the model number (CS785) and my CS does (CS785U).

I had asked a question to anther youtuber about his and he replied back to me stating his did not show the "U" on his unit listed in model number inside the info section of the settings menu. I went a step further and googled the information listed in the info section of my unit's settings menu and I found info and pictures that distinctly point out that the unit I have is in fact an ULTRA model.

What doesn’t tie up is the amount of memory the UB is supposed to have
2019-1-24
Use props
BranDrone 007
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

That's right..
I forgot about that piece of the puzzle, great point. Maybe we got lucky with factory refurbished units with an UB monitor put into the production mix and the rest of the hardware is regular model. That doesn’t add up in my mind though because it seems to me that the hardware is presenting/displaying the specs on the screen. I think we need to find a way to actually have the brightness measured.
2019-1-24
Use props
BranDrone 007
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

What I meant was the hardware presenting the model number on screen from the settings menu- but if that’s the case, you’d think it would display the model number correctly based on the hardware.. geez, now I’m more confused.
2019-1-24
Use props
fans0d944772
lvl.1
South Africa

Lol yes I am also confused but still think we have HB
2019-1-25
Use props
BranDrone 007
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans0d944772 Posted at 1-25 10:53
Lol yes I am also confused but still think we have HB

Yea- you’re probably right... :-)
Gotta find photo/camera shop and get the NIT measured if possible.

When did you get yours? I got mine mid November- brand new and unopened and with most if not all, DJI products have the S/N sticker with the bar codes on the back of the box and mine has a date of 2018/10 which makes me think a later model build or factory refirb unit and if min is a refirb, you’d never know it, perfect condition as you’d expect from DJI.

4E5CE257-0CDE-45A9-8D7A-24CCE7DD1304.jpeg
2019-1-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

however I’ve been experiencing a dulling or dimming anomaly on the top right side corner of the screen that extends 2 inches in from and 2 inches down from the corner..!!

Sounds like you have a CrystalSky with a screen that is going bad.  Entire screen will become unreadable or half of screen will become unreadable.
If possible, return it for repair (or replacement).

2019-1-25
Use props
BranDrone 007
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-25 16:16
however I’ve been experiencing a dulling or dimming anomaly on the top right side corner of the screen that extends 2 inches in from and 2 inches down from the corner..!!

Sounds like you have a CrystalSky with a screen that is going bad.  Entire screen will become unreadable or half of screen will become unreadable.

That’s my worry- thanks for the advice.
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules