DJI customer service
1010 11 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans00f873a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71670 ft
United States

While flying my Spark, I lost control of the drone and it auto landed into the ocean. I could not retrieve the drone because of the depth.

I contacted DJI customer support and explained what happened. I was told that they would look into it and get back to me. The next day I received an email from DJI stating that they reviewed the flight data and determined it was an issue with the drone. They sent me a new Spark, battery, and propellers.  I received my Spark within 9 days from my loss.

DJI customer service did a great job. They are professional and courteous. Thank you for the great service
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, appreciate your positive feedback, we are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great, thanks for your kind words which give us the motivation to keep moving, hope you have a good time on flying.
2018-11-19
Use props
fans4e999fd2
New
Flight distance : 7270 ft

Saudi Arabia

How can I change the serial number for athere remote control to connect to dji 4
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans4e999fd2 Posted at 11-20 12:35
How can I change the serial number for athere remote control to connect to dji 4

Hi there. Are you referring to DJI Go 4 App? If so, please note that serial number is not necessary about the connection between the remote controller and the DJI Go 4 Application.
2018-11-20
Use props
*3tW
New

United Kingdom

I have a bit of a 'situation'

Long story short is this:

I have a phantom 3 standard drone. This drone has developed stress fractures, due to airframe faults. i sent my drone off to the DJI repair facilties to get it looked at, and repaired under warrenty. however, i was told that 'The damage wasn't caused by a manufacturers defect, so the repair cost will not be covered.' i was sent a proforma invoice for cost repairs.

I sent back an email, with evidence of similar faults:

phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-3-crack-repairs.47568/[/url]
forum.dji.com/thread-60891-1-1.html[/url]
detroitarchive.com/2017/06/08/dji-phantom-3-shell-arm-cracks/[/url]

and this - the track record of a P3S that was sent to your facilities with relatively similar trouble, and was replaced for an extensively lower cost than my price of £50+
pantompilots.com/threads/dji-repair-uk-stress-crack-will-update-thread.116103/[/url]

The reply was this:
Thank you for your information, I will pass the links to our technician and he will re-evaluate your case, I will come back to you once I get the reply.
For any further questions, please feel free to let me know.

and then a further reply:

Thank you for your patiently waiting, just got a reply from our technician, we should have considered this kind of stress cracked cases as under warranty. But we couldn't since the unit is from the North American origin that we can't provide our warranty services. I am sorry about it. ( I ordered off amazon, presumably this was american stock?)

If you don't want a repair, I will send it back to you for free. Thank you for your understanding.

I went to and fro trying to find a solution, when it is your company that should be doing this, and ended up just getting it returned.

So now i have an unflyable drone, a big bill to pay to get this flying or sellable again, and no customer support at all, all for the sake of a manufactering default!!!!

My problem is this - its been proven that the fault is not mine. why then is it such a big deal for DJI to pay for a £50 repair (which would cost you about £5) which would not only solve my problem. but make me a raving fan of your company??!?!? for a company that has sales of $2.7 billion, its pretty appalling!!! basically you're screwing over customers when you could be winning them over!

this is basically a last resort to try and just get some sense into the situation. please DM me for more details - i can forward emails, images, you name it.

would love some help please!!
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

*3tW Posted at 12-6 06:11
I have a bit of a 'situation'

Long story short is this:

Hi there, We are terribly sorry to know about the issues that you had with your case, could you please provide us the case numbers of it? We would like to check the details and see what we can do to help you on this.
2018-12-6
Use props
*3tW
New

United Kingdom

Hello! thanks for the message! the case number is CAS-2321710-T3T3Y4.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

*3tW Posted at 12-6 22:49
Hello! thanks for the message! the case number is CAS-2321710-T3T3Y4.

Hi *3tW, thanks for the case number, upon checking the serial number of your drone, it is from the North American origin and you sent in the drone to the official repair center in the Netherlands, we do not provide the global warranty currently, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. GTScreenshot_20181207_180646.png

2018-12-7
Use props
*3tW
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-7 02:07
Hi *3tW, thanks for the case number, upon checking the serial number of your drone, it is from the North American origin and you sent in the drone to the official repair center in the Netherlands, we do not provide the global warranty currently, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.[view_image]

Hello,

Thanks for that, it makes things a little more clearer.

So, sorry to be dumb, what should I do next?

Is there any referral between Netherlands DJI and North America DJI that this is indeed a warranty matter?
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

*3tW Posted at 12-7 02:36
Hello,

Thanks for that, it makes things a little more clearer.

I'm afraid not, the warranty service can only be provided if the drone is sent to its corresponding official repair center, otherwise, you will need to pay for the repair.
2018-12-7
Use props
*3tW
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-7 02:51
I'm afraid not, the warranty service can only be provided if the drone is sent to its corresponding official repair center, otherwise, you will need to pay for the repair.

Yep ok that makes sense.
Would you have the address of the correct repair facilities?
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

*3tW Posted at 12-9 23:00
Yep ok that makes sense.
Would you have the address of the correct repair facilities?

If you would like to send in the drone again to the official repair center for the repair service, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules