Android Apps
983 5 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill OH
lvl.1

United States

I'm trolling around here till I can actually fly my Spark next June, I hope you don't get tired of my questions, I'm doing a lot of reading first.  I see a couple of Android Apps that show your location and No-fly zones.  Do they all  pull from the same database? Is one better than another for any reason. I have an Ipad-Pro, I'm not sure if I will use that with my Spark or not at this point.  
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bill OH. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for the inquiry. To check a location if it is a location where you can fly your drone. All you need to do is go to this official DJI website at https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map to see all the location id it is an NFZ of if it is free to fly. If you have any other inquiries or concern. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2018-11-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Yup just as Dji Stephen said you can check your location weather it is NFZ with the website, Btw welcome to the forum Bill OH
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the geo map in the app
2018-11-21
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Ipad Pro !!,,,,don't see a problem with this, I am using the Ipad Air 2,, really good..
2018-11-21
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi Bill.

I use both Android and iOS with the Spark and the latest iterations of the APPs on both platforms do correlate with one another.

However... DJI’s interpretations of no-fly-zones are tenuous at best and quite often do not reflect the true directives of a region’s regulations.  

An Example:

I and my BMFA/CAA authorised flying field are located in Class D airspace. This means I am legally allowed to fly to a max altitude of 400ft, with a craft not exceeding 7kg in AUW, without the need to notify any authorities. However... DJI have implemented  an 8km radius no fly zone around the local regional airport effectively preventing the arming of one of my DJI products. Ironically I could, but have no intention of doing so, arm and fly my Spark in the car park of the same airport as DJI’s no fly zone in the DJIGO4 APP doesn’t even cover the full area of the runway.

DJI implemented the No-Fly-Zones back in 2014 as a knee-jerk reaction to a very much publicised incident whereby a drunken idiot crashed a DJI Phantom on the Whitehouse lawn. They have since revised the Geo Zones for their current products but have no interest whatsoever in aligning these changes in their older products. I have received a response from DJI about this whereby they effectively say that even though they still manufacture and sell these products they only committed to support them for their first year of production.

Regards

Nidge.
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules