Exposure Value help
758 7 2018-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Just a guick guestion. Why can I not set the ev mode on the MP2 in full manual mode?
Option to do it only available on A and S mode. It defies the use of full manual controls, if the app sets the ev automatically.

Any ideas?
2018-11-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I alos noticed that on the zoom when on manual mode.
2018-11-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same on all DJI drones - the EV adjusts automatically in line with the shutter speeds and ISO that you manually set. You'll need to choose auto to manually adjust the EV
2018-11-25
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-25 07:39
Same on all DJI drones - the EV adjusts automatically in line with the shutter speeds and ISO that you manually set. You'll need to choose auto to manually adjust the EV

Was just wondering why it is available on apeture and shutter priority mode that is semi auto, but not on full manual mode?

Seems a bit like full manual, is then also just a semi auto mode. Not sure why DJI would do the settings like that. If it is possible to set it in the other modes, would have loved to also have the feauture in the manual mode.

Then only could we have full controll over camera settings with the MP2. Could it be just a bug, or a oversight, could DJI "fix" it with a update?
2018-11-25
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

Possibly you are overlooking what ev does for compensation. In A or S mode it is adjusting the opposite to give you more or less exposure.  In manual mode all sides of the exposure triangle are in your control. If you want more or less exposure you manually change one side of the triangle depending on the results you are looking for.
2018-11-25
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Paul_ Posted at 11-25 08:58
Possibly you are overlooking what ev does for compensation. In A or S mode it is adjusting the opposite to give you more or less exposure.  In manual mode all sides of the exposure triangle are in your control. If you want more or less exposure you manually change one side of the triangle depending on the results you are looking for.

You are right, of cause. I had a momentarily lapse of all I know about my cameras. Feel stupid at the moment, but it comes with middle age.
2018-11-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charissa Posted at 11-25 08:05
Was just wondering why it is available on apeture and shutter priority mode that is semi auto, but not on full manual mode?

Seems a bit like full manual, is then also just a semi auto mode. Not sure why DJI would do the settings like that. If it is possible to set it in the other modes, would have loved to also have the feauture in the manual mode.

You're effectively changing either the ISO, aperture or shutter speed in manual which in turn auto adjusts the exposure value to compensate for the core adjustments. When in auto you select the exposure value and the drone adjusts the priority of the other settings to compensate. Essentially, in auto your only focus is the exposure whereas in manual you are setting more specific priorities to control variables such as motion blur, depth of field etc. You obviously can not adjust the EV to zero then the shutter speed to double the frame rate and expect it to match - one or the other depending on your priority.
2018-11-25
Use props
fans52a28efc
lvl.1

Canada

In manual mode, YOU are the setting
2020-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules