Imu that needs to warm up ?
661 6 2018-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
suprdpr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171119 ft
Sweden

This is on a new mavic pro platinum, when i turn it on GYRO0 is yellow or red about 0.020-0.030 and after about 2 minutes the value starts to drop into the green if i turn it off and on again its still green but if i let it sit for a while turned off its back to yellow or red.

Im assuming its heat related, these tests are done indoors in normal room temperature i did a calibration but no change.

Any ideas on what i could try or is it rma time ?
2018-11-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Cold calibration would do.
Cool it down to 3 - 5 C and then do calibration on level place.
It has to bee completely level and no vibration.
I would not calibrate the compass.
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. We will check your query with our team to see if this would be a normal scenario. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A calibration of IMU should sort out those readings and greatly reduce the warm up time to a point you're hardly aware of it.
The colder or cooler calibration method used to work well on the P3 & P4s, but since they changed the calibration method my P4 has always worked well when calibrated at room temperature. Likewise with my Mavic Pro, I've always just calibrated at room temperature and never had any problems.
In saying that, if it's cooler it won't do any harm.

Edit:- the important bit for IMU is calibrating on a level surface, I do mine on a ceramic hob that is dead level in both directions :-)
2018-11-26
Use props
suprdpr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171119 ft
Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 11-26 03:24
A calibration of IMU should sort out those readings and greatly reduce the warm up time to a point you're hardly aware of it.
The colder or cooler calibration method used to work well on the P3 & P4s, but since they changed the calibration method my P4 has always worked well when calibrated at room temperature. Likewise with my Mavic Pro, I've always just calibrated at room temperature and never had any problems.
In saying that, if it's cooler it won't do any harm.

I performed a calibration outside this morning and just tried it again indoors, gyro0 starts at about 0,010 then goes up slowly to about 0.015 and then starts dropping again around the 2min mark but now it stays in the green the whole time so i guess it should be fine now.
2018-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

suprdpr Posted at 11-27 05:52
I performed a calibration outside this morning and just tried it again indoors, gyro0 starts at about 0,010 then goes up slowly to about 0.015 and then starts dropping again around the 2min mark but now it stays in the green the whole time so i guess it should be fine now.

There will always be some slight variation in the readings, the IMU is very sensitive to vibration. If all is well then it should maintain a stable hover, in windless conditions it should be nearly perfect. Although some slight variation is to be expected as per the specifications:-

Hover Accuracy Range
Vertical:
+/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m
Horizontal:
+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m

2018-11-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

suprdpr Posted at 11-27 05:52

That sounds quite normal.
2018-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules