4724 21 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Hello,

I had to upgrade my DJI flight simulator and Avira antivirus detects a crypto virus.

Crypt.ZPACK.Gen

Is it a false warning or is the program infected ?

Thanks in advance.

2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi rdsb, may I know where did you download the DJI Flight Simulator? If it is downloaded from the DJI Official website or obtained from authorized channels, it should be the false positive, no worries.
2018-11-26
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
France

Hello DJI Susan,

I downloaded DJI Flight simulator from your official link found on this forum.
I installed and used this simulator without problems. Today, I had a button requesting for an update
from 2.1.01 to 2.1.03.

Because a friend had a problem with Avira antivirus and this update, I scanned my Pc, showing no error :

The program was downloaded very quickly, my 2.1.01 sfotware was uninstalled, the new 2.1.03 was installed.
At the end, I got the message from Avira antivirus.
See red box on the right bottom corner of this screenshot :
2018-11-26
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
France

And as soon as I restore the DJI_FS.exe file from Avira, Avira rejects it again : no time to copy / paste this exe to check it with my Linux antivirus or with an online antivirus.

Again, Avira did not complain with 2.1.01 version. Strange, but probably a fake detection.

2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rdsb Posted at 11-26 03:56
And as soon as I restore the DJI_FS.exe file from Avira, Avira rejects it again : no time to copy / paste this exe to check it with my Linux antivirus or with an online antivirus.

I have double checked with our engineers, it is a fake detection, please feel free to use.
2018-11-26
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
France

Thank you very much,
un grand merci !

Kind regards,
bien cordialement.
2018-11-26
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This can be a problem for AV. Most will ask to see the program that triggered as they work on signatures and patterns.

Recently I have been getting a lot of virus warnings on scans of my servers for files that are in an archive that have not been touched for a decade or more!!!   
No Viruses but a particular byte pattern is the signature for a new virus. IT can get worrying and you do have to check.

However if you download from a legitimate web site you are *less likely* to have a virus. IT is "less likely" as hackers have infiltrated official distribution points before. Both IBM and Sony have suffered with this inthe past.  
2018-11-28
Use props
Aerokot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277956 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I have the same problem with the updated version. Uploaded the file in question to  virustotal and it scored 20 positive results out of 68 antiviruses https://www.virustotal.com/#/fil ... 73fd03529/detection
2018-12-4
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Seems like a false positive.
I am running Kaspersky AV, which is one of the best AVs out there, and it did not flag the update of the DJI Simulator launcher.
On the other hand, I do mine Bitcoins locally, and I know that Kaspersky reacts to any kind of crypto mining software appearing on the machine - I need to explicitly whitelist any new version of the miners that I run.
2018-12-5
Use props
fdisilvestro
lvl.2
Australia

I had the same issue with Avira Antivirus so I contacted technical support and submitted the file for analysis (a service they provide in case of suspected files or false positives) and they concluded that DJI_FS.exe was "Clean", so it is indeed a false positive.

Regards
2018-12-16
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-11-26 22:29
I have double checked with our engineers, it is a fake detection, please feel free to use.

Hi there Dji Susan what about OS version ?
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Guido-Italy Posted at 1-23 13:09
Hi there Dji Susan what about OS version ?

Hi Guido-Italy, may I have more details of the OS version do you refer to?
2019-1-25
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 1-25 00:54
Hi Guido-Italy, may I have more details of the OS version do you refer to?

Hi DJI Susan I saw that is only available version for windows and I'm using Mac. thanks
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Guido-Italy Posted at 1-25 01:38
Hi DJI Susan I saw that is only available version for windows and I'm using Mac. thanks

Thanks for the clarification. Currently, there is only Windows version for now, and we've have not received the news of Mac version, sorry about this. Please note our website for future progress, thanks!
2019-1-26
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 1-26 01:41
Thanks for the clarification. Currently, there is only Windows version for now, and we've have not received the news of Mac version, sorry about this. Please note our website for future progress, thanks!

Thanks DJI Susan
2019-1-26
Use props
Meck737
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi, I have the same problem with McAfee antivirus, it delete the .exe file and can't install the simulator
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

My pleasure.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Meck737 Posted at 1-26 09:50
Hi, I have the same problem with McAfee antivirus, it delete the .exe file and can't install the simulator

Hi Meck737, you may disable the McAfee antivirus and see whether it helps.
2019-1-28
Use props
waku
New

Japan

windows defender regard dji flight simulator as virus. even installer. please help.
2019-3-27
Use props
fans5d48a10d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10804 ft

United States

Any answers to this issue? I have the same problem! The DJI Flight Simulator update and download are infected with Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B
2019-4-2
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

WINdefender allways erease my installation with trojan error : -(
2019-4-22
Use props
Inspireart
lvl.1
United States

I do not believe that all these various Malware Programs are detecting false positives. The more likely scenario is your severs have been compromised. I spent 250 dollars on an upgraded video card just to run this program. Some of  Malware is tied to ransomeware. Only a fool  would you run that on their machine. Please look the at the virus signature that was found on my machine.  I am a candidate for the Enterprise version.. I am  glad I can still run DJI assistant on my Mac. There have numerous posts with no responses please help. Please look at the Malware signature that Webroot identied.
2019-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules