Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ParisViol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448530 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Can't find a solution online or in any other threads to tell me what is going on.
Turned on my Ronin-S for the first time in over a month (so the gimbal was working fine, had been activated and used on many projects prior to this, it was regularly up to date with firmware updates). Well, when I turned it on today it started beeping at me. It beeps 15 times and then goes into sleep mode, as soon as I double tap the power button to wake it back up it starts beeping again and so on.

I figured it could be needing a new update, so I plugged it in and updated to recent firmware but it's still beeping at me.

Not sure if this is any help, but I'm using a Sony A6500 with a battery pack on it, along with the IR cable. Never had an issue with it up until now.

Any one from DJI able to chime in or anyone else having a similar issue?

Thanks.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ParisViol, we are so sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-S, may I verify if the gimbal can be controlled after powering on? What is the balance status? Ang chance to post a short sample video for further support? Thanks in advance.
2018-11-30
Use props
ParisViol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448530 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-30 04:04
Hi ParisViol, we are so sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-S, may I verify if the gimbal can be controlled after powering on? What is the balance status? Ang chance to post a short sample video for further support? Thanks in advance.

After powering it on it does still work, despite the beeping. During usage of the Ronin, it will stay silent up until you reset the gimbal and it reverts to beeping, along with the green (mode) light flashing and then sleeps. Thinking it was a balance issue, I checked the app on my phone and everything is perfect.

However, I believe I've managed to narrow it. Prior to using the Ronin, I had a set up using the IR cable to my Sony A6500 and had removed the focus wheel as it wasn't compatible at the time. I turned it on again to run a few tests the other day, due to recently purchased the MCC cable (multi). I've unplugged that and removed the focus wheel and the beeping has stopped.

I reattached the focus wheel, working fine.
Attached the cable and the beeping starts. I've updated the software for the Ronin, as well as my Sony. Could it possibly be a faulty cable?

2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ParisViol Posted at 11-30 04:38
After powering it on it does still work, despite the beeping. During usage of the Ronin, it will stay silent up until you reset the gimbal and it reverts to beeping, along with the green (mode) light flashing and then sleeps. Thinking it was a balance issue, I checked the app on my phone and everything is perfect.

However, I believe I've managed to narrow it. Prior to using the Ronin, I had a set up using the IR cable to my Sony A6500 and had removed the focus wheel as it wasn't compatible at the time. I turned it on again to run a few tests the other day, due to recently purchased the MCC cable (multi). I've unplugged that and removed the focus wheel and the beeping has stopped.

Do you mean without plugging in the MCC-multi cable, the beep sound disappears? Any chance to post a short video for further verification?
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Beeping means the gimbal is warning there’s a problem with excessive load on the motors and the Ronin-S is going into motor protection mode. This usually means there’s a big problem with the camera being out of balance.
2018-12-3
Use props
sebabsso
lvl.1
Argentina

something similar happens to me, but I turn on the ronin, everything goes perfect, until I move it a bit and the engine pauses, I enter the app, I deactivate it and walk again, I use it a bit to ronin and the engines are suspended again, I do not know what to do.
Update the firmware, pass the autotune, system calibration, etc, but nothing happens, can you help me ??
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules