1460 6 2018-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pug_conDoin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United States

DJI Team,

I bought the Mavic Air over your black Friday weekend. This is going to be a Christmas present. When does the warrenty period start? Does it start when the MA is first powered on and activated or do we lose a Month of the warranty since it would not be used for most of December?

Thank you for your help.

2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Pug_conDoin, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, we will refer to the proof of purchase if you need the warranty service in the future, please check the screenshot below of the after-sales policy, thank you. GTScreenshot_20181130_152141.png
2018-11-29
Use props
Pug_conDoin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-29 23:23
Hi Pug_conDoin, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, we will refer to the proof of purchase if you need the warranty service in the future, please check the screenshot below of the after-sales policy, thank you.[view_image]

Thank you for your reply. That is somewhat disappointing and is a big con for buying DJI drones for gifts. I still have 7 days for the return policy and may have to think about that. Especially since other sites are still selling the Mavic Air fly more package for the Black Friday prices and some for even a bit less. A lot of companies provide for gifts and especially for products that have to be activated and can show a first use date it is disappointing that DJI does not provide for that. Something that I think DJI should consider if they want to market to selling to people planning to give as a gift.
2018-11-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14103563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-29 23:23
Hi Pug_conDoin, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, we will refer to the proof of purchase if you need the warranty service in the future, please check the screenshot below of the after-sales policy, thank you.[view_image]

Good to know - thanks Mindy
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pug_conDoin Posted at 11-29 23:36
Thank you for your reply. That is somewhat disappointing and is a big con for buying DJI drones for gifts. I still have 7 days for the return policy and may have to think about that. Especially since other sites are still selling the Mavic Air fly more package for the Black Friday prices and some for even a bit less. A lot of companies provide for gifts and especially for products that have to be activated and can show a first use date it is disappointing that DJI does not provide for that. Something that I think DJI should consider if they want to market to selling to people planning to give as a gift.

Since there are customers who purchase the drone or other products for more than half a year or even a year without opening the package, it is hard for us to process the warranty service especially when the product has been out of warranty, therefore, we will need to refer to the proof of purchase, we apologize for this situation and we have already explained it clearly in our after-sales policy, hope for your understanding.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 11-30 00:40
Good to know - thanks Mindy

No problem.
2018-11-30
Use props
A CW