Question
1273 11 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

Hi
I hope you can help me, I have your Mavic 2 pro, and I like it a lot.
But after a day flying and a lot of movies I have so much movies.
My harddisk doesn’t like it.

I need software for fast removing the trash without losing any quality.
My movies I make in Adobe premiere.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

2018-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not sure there is a software for removing trash , except for your normal empty the trash on your PC, hard drives are reasonably cheap these days you can pick up a 4TB for €100, just back up to it until your ready to edit or cut or delete unwanted film .
2018-12-1
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Video takes up a lot of space. It is that simple.    You are going to need a computer with a large fast hard disk, a fast CPU and lots of RAM.
You are also going to need additional storage. a NAS or external HDD.  
2018-12-1
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

USB hard drives are really cheap these days. I keep two copies of everything so that I don't lose anything if a drive goes bad.
2018-12-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Are you using PC running Windows or Apple running OS X or PC running Unices (Linux / Unix)?
2018-12-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I need software for fast removing the trash without losing any quality.

Don't understand, these are two separate issues.  

Removing trash can be as easy as emptying Waste Basket (or Trash Can) on Windows or OS X.
There is software that will recover freee space by deleting no-longer used temporary files, old downloaded files, old system logs, inactive cache files, crash files, etc.

When it comes to not losing any quality, you are looking at software that does lossless data (file) compression.  Software that creates .zip files would be one example.
If you are talking about converting RAW camera files to JPEG - JPG format losses quality to save file space.  How much file size is decreased depends upon how much quality you are willing to give up.

Freeing up disk space can be as simple as to imediately review your images (and videos), deleting those that you do not want, along with ones of poor to questionable quality.  Trimming unwanted footage and start and end of videos can help.  Along with splitting out what you do want from videos, and deleting stuff you don't want.

2018-12-1
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-1 19:56
Are you using PC running Windows or Apple running OS X or PC running Unices (Linux / Unix)?

FYI  OSX is a form of UNIX, (Via BSD and Next-STEP)  Linux is NOT a form of UNIX.

Linux and UNIX along with many other OS ant RTOS are POSIX compliant (that is the API) otherwise they are all different.

WTF Is Unices?   
2018-12-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

JAgraphics Posted at 12-2 09:09
FYI  OSX is a form of UNIX, (Via BSD and Next-STEP)  Linux is NOT a form of UNIX.

Linux and UNIX along with many other OS ant RTOS are POSIX compliant (that is the API) otherwise they are all different.

Linux is NOT a form of UNIX  ...  WTF Is Unices?   

Unices was a termed coined many moons ago to refer to Unix like OSs and varous flavors of Unix.

Thanks, I know that Linux is not Unix in sense of BSD, Xenix, OS X, Unicos, Solaris, Aix, Irix, etc.  However, even though Linux is not Unix, various commands and drivers were written by people who worked on one of Unices, and some of code is a little to similar.

2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendation from our valued customers in regards to this software that you need. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-2
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-2 14:40
Linux is NOT a form of UNIX  ...  WTF Is Unices?   

Unices was a termed coined many moons ago to refer to Unix like OSs and varous flavors of Unix.

Never heard the term Unices before. Certainly not in any Unix or SW development environment.   I have heard the term POSIX compliant among professionals.

Linux is not UNIX inthe sense that Linux has a completely  different architecture to any UNIX  (and for that matter all the other POSIX OS and RTOS I  know)
2018-12-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

JAgraphics Posted at 12-2 16:02
Never heard the term Unices before. Certainly not in any Unix or SW development environment.   I have heard the term POSIX compliant among professionals.

Linux is not UNIX inthe sense that Linux has a completely  different architecture to any UNIX  (and for that matter all the other POSIX OS and RTOS I  know)

Do a DuckDuckGo search on Unices - Should come up with "Unix-Like" - ''A Unix-like operating system is one that behaves in a manner similar to a Unix system, while not necessarily conforming to or being certified to any version of the Single UNIX Specification''

Wiktionary - Unices, plural of Unix.
2018-12-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

JAgraphics Posted at 12-2 16:02

Linux is not UNIX inthe sense that Linux has a completely  different architecture to any UNIX

Matter of opinions.  

For example: ''Linux is a UNIX Clone'' ''But if you consider Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) standards then Linux can be considered as UNIX. To quote from Official Linux kernel README file: Linux is a Unix clone written from scratch by Linus Torvalds with assistance from a loosely-knit team of hackers across the Net. It aims towards POSIX compliance.''

Another example: ''There is some dispute about what is UNIX.''  ''Unix was  trademarked and AT&T charged for it. The ownership passed though  many hands and wound up being owned by the Open Group. The only extant  "True UNIX" is by SCO. This is why systems considered "Unix" are not  named Unix. These would be Solaris, AIX, HP-UX and others.''
''Linux,  on the other hand, started off as a project by Linus Torvalds while at  University. He was able to write and compile a kernel because free  compilers became available thanks to the Free software Foundation headed  by Richard Stallman. This is why frequently Linux is called GNU/Linux.''
''Where  UNIX and Linux differ are in the details. If you have to manage these  systems you will find that commands with the same name differ in subtle  ways.''
''The primary  differences are in package management, enabling or disabling services,  network configuration etc. However, these differences also exist between  different distributions of Linux.''

2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules