Panorama raw capture and edit
655 6 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

Hello everyone,

My first experience when taking panorama shot with the latest firmware is not good.
  • Release Date: 2018.11.22
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.02.00

1st problem is when switching to panorama option, camera setting will automatically change to MF but we can not do anything to adjust the focus.
2nd problem is that we had barrel distortion with the RAW file, it is very clear to see when stitching 9 images for example.

Do we have any profile for lense correction to fix it in Adobe Photoshop / Lightroom ?

Thank you all.

2018-12-2
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

Any experience with the PS/LR application ?
2018-12-3
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

Hello,

What is the fix for distortion with RAW file for PS/LR ?
2018-12-3
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lightroom should pick up the built in lens correction data, there is no way to enable anything else on a MP2 or P4 raw file.  When you go to the lens corrections part of LR/ACR, with a MP2 file you will not be able to change anything, and there should be text stating "built in lens corrections have been applied", similar to how a mirrorless camera is handled, Sony, Fuji XT-2 etc.  Lightroom ACR do a good job of correcting the curved horizon especially on the shots where the drone  gimbal was pointed up or down, where the worst of the distortion is visible.  The raw files will load into LR after import and the lens corrections will be applied and should show being applied in the thumbnails.  

If your version of LR is not seeing the built in lens corrections, you may not be using the most current version?  I have LR and ACR up and both see and enable the lens corrections and removed the curved horizon issues.  

Currently LR and ACR do not have a color profile for the Mavic or P4, and will default to adobe color.  With latest versions, you can select the color profile drop down box and pick one.  I tend to start with Modern 7 or 5.  Both add too much saturation, but that can be fixed.

Paul C
2018-12-5
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

paul2660 Posted at 12-5 04:42
Lightroom should pick up the built in lens correction data, there is no way to enable anything else on a MP2 or P4 raw file.  When you go to the lens corrections part of LR/ACR, with a MP2 file you will not be able to change anything, and there should be text stating "built in lens corrections have been applied", similar to how a mirrorless camera is handled, Sony, Fuji XT-2 etc.  Lightroom ACR do a good job of correcting the curved horizon especially on the shots where the drone  gimbal was pointed up or down, where the worst of the distortion is visible.  The raw files will load into LR after import and the lens corrections will be applied and should show being applied in the thumbnails.  

If your version of LR is not seeing the built in lens corrections, you may not be using the most current version?  I have LR and ACR up and both see and enable the lens corrections and removed the curved horizon issues.  

Thank you so much, could you please show me your lightroom version and the screenshot of the lense correction part ?
2018-12-5
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

viet.trandinhtruc Posted at 12-5 06:08
Thank you so much, could you please show me your lightroom version and the screenshot of the lense correction part ?

My version of LR is LR CC Classic vr 7.4.  This is not the most current version, but all versions should handle the raw from the P4 the same.  

Screen shot, showing "built in", under the lens profile selection area.

Paul C

2018-12-8
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

paul2660 Posted at 12-8 16:25
My version of LR is LR CC Classic vr 7.4.  This is not the most current version, but all versions should handle the raw from the P4 the same.  

Screen shot, showing "built in", under the lens profile selection area.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply, actually on my end it says "unable to locate the matching profile automatically",and  I can not select mavic 2 pro in lense profile from drop down list, it has Mavic pro in there.

But on the other hand, it show this when I click the "built in lens profile apply"

2018-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules