Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tripod Mode anomaly?
817 11 2018-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

I happen to switch to tripod mode (at home) then went to a site to fly. Powering up the AC, then the controller (already set to tripode mode) followed by the iPhone running GO4. To my surprise I found that the RC/AC NEVER entered tripod mode. So, there appears to be an issue with the RC firmware not acting on the switch position under the circumstances described here.
I have flown in tripod mode on other occasions successfully, but in each of those cases, I switched to tripod mode AFTER the AC was already in the air.

I am at the latest firmware and software levels with all components. DJI - can you check this out?

2018-12-3
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you switch on “ multiple flightmodes “ in the dji go app?
2018-12-3
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

6C34EEA5-DEBF-4362-87B5-F401C5352DC5.png
2018-12-3
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Had me going there for a moment as it is possible for those parameters to get reset upon updates. So I double-checked and yes, the multiple flight modes switch is set to ON along with RTH altitude and max altitude etc.
2018-12-3
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok. I will test it too tomorrow if i am getting this similar issue
2018-12-3
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok. I will test it too tomorrow if i am getting this similar issue
Do you also have the latest firmware and latest dji go app. Because i know the latest update and also latest update of the app the change some things , like adjusting speed etc in tripod mode.
2018-12-3
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Otherwise delete the app and reinstall it again and them switch multiple flightmodes back on. It might got stuck with the update
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. Have you tried to switch the RC into P-mode and back again to T-mode to see if it will detect again the tripod mode? You have to turn on first the remote controller before switching to the flight modes so that it could be able to use the T-mode. You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.

2018-12-3
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am thinking that "multiple flight modes "  means a MODE that is used during FLIGHT.

So I imagine,  the selectable flight modes are for just that,    IN FLIGHT......the bird must be in the air for the mode to work.

Randy
2018-12-3
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok i tried following : put rc switch in tripod mode , started the mavic and i gotbthis message(see screenshot) which means , sportsmode and tripod mode only works after take off . So its not activated when you switch the drone on. Thats the explanation.
3F6D963F-25B5-4EBD-B5DE-D56CEE608BD0.jpeg
2018-12-3
Use props
rm708410
lvl.3
United States

Looks like a failsafe to prevent starting with the switch thrown accidentally. Good to know that's there. I once wondered if I had accidentally hit the switch while setting up for flight. I visually checked, but nice having the software safety. I imagine accidentally starting in sport mode especially could cause safety issues.
2018-12-3
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you all for your clarifications. I agree - it is a good thing that the switch position is essentially ignored (short of notification) upon power-up. I obviously overlooked the notification
2018-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules