New to DJI, Saying HI and asking for help (from the UK)
1906 10 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cluster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57904 ft
United Kingdom

Hello everyone..
My name is marc, im from the UK and i am a new happy owner of a dji spark..
Im now to dji and the spark but not new to flying or RC in general..

I did not really want to come on and start asking for help right away but i thought its always best to ask for help then not ask,  i am sorry for the long message though.

The spark is not new as such but the last owner only had it 10 months did 16 flights, so its in great condition, i did a drone swap for my yunnec breeze 4k drone, i got the better deal for sure..

So when i first got the drone i was very happy, had a few flights, its such a cool little drone and is great quality as you all know, at that moment i was using the dji go 4 app on my android sony xz phone, not that many issues to be honest apart from just being a bit to unreliable with disconnections and lag, and the last time i tried using it i got some funky warnings, basically saying i was flying in a different country. i did not manage to get a sreen shot in time..

So yesterday i bought a ipad mini 4 as i see these are rated quite highly by the dji community.. (i got the wi-fi only none cellular version due to low budget)

lol now im having troubles though, first up all my flight records seemed to have gone? when signing in on the ios ipad, my flight points remain though, but if i sign in and open the dji go 4 app on my android phone all my flight records are there.. (no big issue i guess the flight records are stores on my phone then? as ive not flown with the ipad)

At first i struggled to cache the maps on my ios ipad mini 4, then i finally sorted that, well kind of, by loading the dji go 4 app first getting the map then connecting the RC and drone..
so i can load them but can not pre-download and store them, on IOS, but i have seen others do it.. because they get the option ''cache map in the background'', rather then the ''china mainland option''

So yeah my main issue really and ive seen other reports of this, if i go into my setting it says (Calibrate Map Coordinates for China Mainland)

ipad mini 4 photo..

android screen shot..

But i do not get the (Calibrate Map Coordinates for China Mainland) option on my andriod phone, its so confusing lol i just want to go out and have some safe flight fun, and was really hoping after spending near £400 on an ipad just to use with the spark (dont tell my wife) i would have less hassle then using andriod..

Also i can never get the drone compass in the left hand side to point the correct way, i always thought the tip of the arrow is the head/face of the drone and it should face the way the drone is pointing? but it does not, the only way i can get it to point in the same dirction as red arrow and line up with the white arrow is if i spin the tablet or phone around too, lol very strange, or am i not understanding how that compass works?

ipad mini 4 photo, before i manually turn the drone and ipad..

ipad mini 4 photo, after i manually turn the drone and ipad..

just to add, im on the lastest firmware on the spark, rc battery and app, on both andriod and ios.

hopefully the pictures will help and some of you experts can help me.

Thanks everyone for all your time and help..
All the best, marc..

2018-12-5
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Marc,

2 answers:

If you sync your flights in the Go app on your Android device and after that sync on your iPad mini ; you will see them also on your iPad.

Red arrow gets the info from compass drone.
Outers ring compass (thus the N sign) gets info from mobile device compass.

if both are well calibrated you should have a correct indication.

(btw, your last picture looks ok)

see this > https://forum.dji.com/thread-144696-1-1.html
and this checklist (many on this forum, just use one you like best)

cheers
JJB

MyCanIFlyChecklist_2.2.pdf

304.79 KB, Down times: 4

2018-12-5
Use props
cluster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 12-5 12:48
Hi Marc,

2 answers:

Hi JJB, thank you for your helpful reply and the video link..
I have done my profile sync, i was getting issues, like the drone flight records saying i have flown in the USA, lol bit hard that as im in the UK, So i have deleted all my flight records and hopefully that will sort 'that' issue..
If i just start ticking off all the issues, hopefully soon i can just start enjoying the drone and some flights, not that the weathers letting me fly outside at the moment..
thanks again for your time and help..
All the best, marc..
2018-12-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

cluster Posted at 12-7 12:41
I have done my profile sync, i was getting issues, like the drone flight records saying i have flown in the USA, lol bit hard that as im in the UK, So i have deleted all my flight records and hopefully that will sort 'that' issue..
If i just start ticking off all the issues, hopefully soon i can just start enjoying the drone and some flights, not that the weathers letting me fly outside at the moment..

Hi Marc,

My pleasure to help if possible. (and we have to same windy rainy weather here in Holland at the moment)

Happy many landings!

cheers
JJB
2018-12-7
Use props
cluster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 12-7 13:10
Hi Marc,

My pleasure to help if possible. (and we have to same windy rainy weather here in Holland at the moment)

Hi JJB,
fingers crossed your also get some better weather too then, nothing worse then having a new drone and not being able to fly it lol..
All the best, marc..
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cluster Posted at 12-7 12:41

Hi there, Cluster. In regards to your concern where in U.S is showing on the App, I already coordinate this issue to our R&D department for further investigation and clarification. I will inform you right away once I have the update from them. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-10
Use props
cluster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-10 13:58
Hi there, Cluster. In regards to your concern where in U.S is showing on the App, I already coordinate this issue to our R&D department for further investigation and clarification. I will inform you right away once I have the update from them. Thanks for your understanding.

Hello dji Natalia,  thank you very much that will be a big help, I look forward to your reply..
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cluster Posted at 12-13 20:49
Hello dji Natalia,  thank you very much that will be a big help, I look forward to your reply..

You're most welcome, Cluster. I will update you right away once I have the update. Thank you so much.
2018-12-15
Use props
cluster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-15 09:03
You're most welcome, Cluster. I will update you right away once I have the update. Thank you so much.

hi Natalia, thank you very much..
since i wiped my flight records the fake usa flight recorded has not appeared again, but ive only had another 4 small back garden flights since, im hoping to go for a proper fly tomorrow, i cant wait
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cluster Posted at 12-16 06:43
hi Natalia, thank you very much..
since i wiped my flight records the fake usa flight recorded has not appeared again, but ive only had another 4 small back garden flights since, im hoping to go for a proper fly tomorrow, i cant wait

That was awesome, Cluster. Glad to know that's now working fine. If you have further concern, please don't hesitate to reach us back. Thank you and have a safe flight.
2018-12-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now