Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedzsan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I just opened up a new Mavic 2 Pro with the Goggles RE combo.  I'm slowly going through the reading material, charging the batteries, etc.

One frustration is with the iPhone XS Max phone I have.  Here are my "icks" that I bumped into in the first ventures of using the controller with an iPhone XS Max:

• The Face Id camera is covered by the right arm of the controller holder
  • The place to swipe up is obscured by the left arm of the controller holder
  • The iPhone's "side button" which you click to lock the phone is exposed and easy to hit as you try to smoosh the phone into the various parts that hold it.

Clearly these are newbie growing pains but I'm wondering if anyone has suggetions on how they cope with these three icks...

Thank you
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day pedzsan. I understand that you you are having issues in using the iPhone XS Max for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. We recommend using a mobile device that is tested and listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and reliability on the DJI Mavic 2 pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. If you have any other concerns or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

2018-12-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Get yourself a mavmount or something similar to hold your phone. (google mavmount)
2018-12-9
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 12-9 11:00
Get yourself a mavmount or something similar to hold your phone. (google mavmount)

Thanks!  I just bought one.  I bumped into that idea a little earlier but didn't check it out.
2018-12-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

I had the same issues with my iPhone X when I got my Mavic Air, and later Mavic 2 Pro, but this changed everything:

https://www.mavmount.com

This made my flight experience MUCH better! I use it with both my iPhone X and iPad Pro 11, and also got this cable for the iPhone X to make it more comfortable:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cable is extremely well made, and because of the right-hand angle on the Lightning end, it doesn't get in the way and is the perfect length.

There are cheaper tablet / smartphone mounts on Amazon, but I wouldn't touch them, after having tried them, and returning them promptly due to flimsy construction and poor fit-and-finish.

Congratulations on your purchase of the M2P, you will love it! Just make sure to update the firmware on all components, including the batteries, and fly according to the rules!

Also, download and use an app called AirMap to your device so you have a better map of flight restrictions in your flight area, as the DJI GO 4 app doesn't show it well.

Cheers
2018-12-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

pedzsan Posted at 12-9 12:04
Thanks!  I just bought one.  I bumped into that idea a little earlier but didn't check it out.

Oops, didn't notice this! Congrats on your MavMount purchase! It'll make your flight better!

Consider getting the cable I linked to in my previous post, will also make it better!
2018-12-9
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 12-9 12:21
Oops, didn't notice this! Congrats on your MavMount purchase! It'll make your flight better!

Consider getting the cable I linked to in my previous post, will also make it better!

The one particluar bracket MavMount makes goes from the size of my phone all the way up to the big iPad Pro.  I'm going to try my 2018 12.5" iPad Pro.  I need to find a cable since it is usb-c.

Thanks for reminding me.
2018-12-9
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 12-9 12:18
I had the same issues with my iPhone X when I got my Mavic Air, and later Mavic 2 Pro, but this changed everything:

https://www.mavmount.com

Hmm... the cable is from Canada and they won't want to send it to me in the U.S.  I was going to get it just in case I wanted to use my iPhone.  I'll go search and find another.

Thank you again for all your help
2018-12-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

pedzsan Posted at 12-9 12:25
The one particluar bracket MavMount makes goes from the size of my phone all the way up to the big iPad Pro.  I'm going to try my 2018 12.5" iPad Pro.  I need to find a cable since it is usb-c.

Thanks for reminding me.

DJI carries the cable you need for the third-gen iPad Pro 12.9 with USB-C:

https://store.dji.com/product/adam-elements-rc-cable?vid=41781

I have this one for my iPad Pro 11, works like a dream and fits like a glove!
2018-12-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

pedzsan Posted at 12-9 12:35
Hmm... the cable is from Canada and they won't want to send it to me in the U.S.  I was going to get it just in case I wanted to use my iPhone.  I'll go search and find another.

Thank you again for all your help

Here is the Amazon US link for that Skyreat cable:

https://www.amazon.com/SKYREAT-L ... s=skyreat+lightning

Enjoy
2018-12-9
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 12-9 13:08
Here is the Amazon US link for that Skyreat cable:

https://www.amazon.com/SKYREAT-Lightning-Certified-Perfect-Platinum/dp/B073PW3VBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544389614&sr=8-1&keywords=skyreat+lightning

Thanks again.  Its curious that Skyreat doesn't make a right hand usb-c cable.
2018-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules