sync video with cloud (or icloud)
5131 7 2018-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6d139cfa
lvl.2
Australia

Currently all my family movies are via iPhone so nice that they synch (get backed up just in case) to iCloud, even if the good bits I save into YouTube.  

With Osmo Pocket, would I have some way of automatically synching into my Apple iCloud?   (or even Google)

If not, I assume there would be some auto-synch mechanism to cloud from DJI?  If yes, what's the cost like?  
2018-12-10
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Copy the video to your phone and then it should sync to iCloud. The Osmo Pocket itself has no internet connection.
2018-12-10
Use props
fans6d139cfa
lvl.2
Australia

KerryG Posted at 12-10 22:11
Copy the video to your phone and then it should sync to iCloud. The Osmo Pocket itself has no internet connection.

that would be manual I guess?  but if it's easy to do...would you open the DJI app on your iPhone and from this app do something like a "copy to iPhone"?  

does the DJI app itself have a synch to DJI cloud account concept at all?
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to clarify if you've wanted to know if the videoes that have been captured by our Osmo Pocket will automatically sync to your iCloud when using the iPhone device? Please let us know for further help.
2018-12-11
Use props
fans6d139cfa
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-11 10:19
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to clarify if you've wanted to know if the videoes that have been captured by our Osmo Pocket will automatically sync to your iCloud when using the iPhone device? Please let us know for further help.

yes -

would I have some way of automatically synching into my Apple iCloud?   (or even Google)

If not, I assume there would be some auto-synch mechanism to cloud from DJI?  If yes, what's the cost like?  
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans6d139cfa Posted at 12-11 13:36
yes -

would I have some way of automatically synching into my Apple iCloud?   (or even Google)

Hi, thanks for the clarification. Our application does not have the capability to automatically sync the photos and videos with your iCloud on the iOs. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans6d139cfa
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-12 09:46
Hi, thanks for the clarification. Our application does not have the capability to automatically sync the photos and videos with your iCloud on the iOs. Thank you for understanding.

thanks - I note (with a previous commenter's idea "Copy the video to your phone and then it should sync to iCloud") that when I try to download video from the OSMO Pocket to my attached iPhone 8 it says not supported on this device.  Is this expected behaviour?  I was in the screen where I can watch the video on my iPhone 8 and I pressing the "down arrow" button to download....
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans6d139cfa Posted at 12-12 14:54
thanks - I note (with a previous commenter's idea "Copy the video to your phone and then it should sync to iCloud") that when I try to download video from the OSMO Pocket to my attached iPhone 8 it says not supported on this device.  Is this expected behaviour?  I was in the screen where I can watch the video on my iPhone 8 and I pressing the "down arrow" button to download....

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I would like to ask what video format did you use prior to your recording? What video resolution did you use? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules