Stress cracks on my P4 Adv Arms!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stach Rogalski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1509239 ft
Australia

Hi DJI,

I have owned 4 of your P4 Pro's and since March this year.. one of your P4 Advanced Drones.

On one of my previous P4 Pro's I had to take back within 2 months of buying it due to stress cracks in the arms.. it was replaced under warranty where I bought it...

Now.. I bought this P4 Advanced in late March this year and a few weeks ago noticed two faint hairline cracks under my P4 Advanced's Arms... I contacted the local retailer where I purchased it here in Western Australia and they told me to bring it in, which I did... now they said it'd need to be sent over to the Eastern Side of Australia to their DJI repairer to be assessed as it was 8 months old and out of the automatic replacement period.

Anyways, they sent the drone away and it was gone for nearly three weeks.. I had to put work off during this time... I shoot real estate and more!

They called me today as the drone had come back.. and they told me that they reckoned that the hairline crack isn't a quality control issue and so they did nothing about it.. they just replaced the face on my battery as that too had a crack under it!...

Now one of my previous P4 Pros cracked badly and even lost a sizeable piece before I knew they P4's were susceptible to these cracks.. and I dont want this one to continue to crack over the next few months and my warranty run out... and be left with a drone thats not safe to fly...

My question would be to DJI.. what next?

I look forward to your response

Crack under the arm...

Crack under the arm...
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Stach Rogalski. I am sorry to know the issues that you are having with your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. Since this issue had happened the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support and create a case for you drone for further analysis and repair. Thank you for your support.

2018-12-11
Use props
Stach Rogalski
lvl.2
Australia

I'm just about to resend this to your DJI repairer in Victoria Australia... hoping they'll replace the shell or the drone itself... It's just come back from this same repairer so I hope the words that the rep I spoke to, will give them, in regards to sorting this out this time, will be heard

I don't want to wait until the crack gets worse and my warranty has run out before sending it.. hence sending it back now on the DJI reps advice.

Fingers crossed!
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Stach Rogalski Posted at 12-11 21:29
I'm just about to resend this to your DJI repairer in Victoria Australia... hoping they'll replace the shell or the drone itself... It's just come back from this same repairer so I hope the words that the rep I spoke to, will give them, in regards to sorting this out this time, will be heard

I don't want to wait until the crack gets worse and my warranty has run out before sending it.. hence sending it back now on the DJI reps advice.

Thank you for the additional information Stach Rogalski. Please update us on the said issue.
2018-12-12
Use props
Stach Rogalski
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-12 15:14
Thank you for the additional information Stach Rogalski. Please update us on the said issue.

Definitely will!
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

If you have additional concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2018-12-13
Use props
Stach Rogalski
lvl.2
Australia

Got my Drone back, after sending another email and pleading to have it fixed, they replaced the shell, i think.. came back with a new serial number and stickers on the top again.

All is good.. just one question... got a Ipad 3 Mini for my Advanced and its up to date.. but the bottom half of the video feed goes black for a second then comes back.. seems to happen off and on... ideas admins?
2019-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Stach Rogalski Posted at 1-8 18:31
Got my Drone back, after sending another email and pleading to have it fixed, they replaced the shell, i think.. came back with a new serial number and stickers on the top again.

All is good.. just one question... got a Ipad 3 Mini for my Advanced and its up to date.. but the bottom half of the video feed goes black for a second then comes back.. seems to happen off and on... ideas admins?

Yes, it means your iPad Mini 3 is not powerful enough to run the DJI Go 4 app. These days the minimum is the Mini 4.
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules