780 11 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodgeur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539052 ft
France

Hi,

I tried everything to remove the original neutral filter and even with a silicon glove but it's just impossible with my mavic zoom. I'm certainly not the only person to have this problem.

Is it possible to send me the tool you use in your repair service to remove the filter without having to destroy the gimbal ?
2018-12-13
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Use a rubber band. The filter is not glued, it's just hard to get it off on the first time.
2018-12-13
Use props
Rodgeur
lvl.2
France

saviour Posted at 12-13 01:21
Use a rubber band. The filter is not glued, it's just hard to get it off on the first time.

I tried with a rubber band : same result nothing move.

If it's not glue, it's tighten too hard, it's very small, and silicon extra grip is not enough. I can't imagine Dji doesn't have a special tool to remove it.
2018-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rodgeur Posted at 12-13 01:47
I tried with a rubber band : same result nothing move.

If it's not glue, it's tighten too hard, it's very small, and silicon extra grip is not enough. I can't imagine Dji doesn't have a special tool to remove it.

Try a very light grip, the filters are quite delicate, a strong grip on the filter means that it distorts very slightly and has the affect of making it harder to remove.
2018-12-13
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

What Aardvark said. I've seen a few posts on Facebook now where people tried too hard with the zoom filter and couldn't get it off because they used enough pressure that it caused enough distortion that made it almost impossible to turn without using considerable force.
2018-12-13
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

I have my first new filters on order and having read the horror stories of how hard that original is to get off, I decided to try to remove mine yesterday in a test and I guess I was extremely lucky.  Mine came right off, no glove and with what I consider to be a pretty light touch compared to what I was expecting.........
2018-12-13
Use props
ScanDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 12-13 06:29
I have my first new filters on order and having read the horror stories of how hard that original is to get off, I decided to try to remove mine yesterday in a test and I guess I was extremely lucky.  Mine came right off, no glove and with what I consider to be a pretty light touch compared to what I was expecting.........

I had the same experience, and as Aardvark and others are mentioning, "less" is more in this case. I struggled a lot first with my MA, but when using a rubber band, not too much pressure and a 3 finger grip - no problem. Used the same technique with my M2Z and it came off instantly.  I wonder if DJI is using a robot or if they manually put it on? If a robot you would assume all units having the same torque.   
2018-12-13
Use props
Rodgeur
lvl.2
France

ScanDrone Posted at 12-13 07:33
I had the same experience, and as Aardvark and others are mentioning, "less" is more in this case. I struggled a lot first with my MA, but when using a rubber band, not too much pressure and a 3 finger grip - no problem. Used the same technique with my M2Z and it came off instantly.  I wonder if DJI is using a robot or if they manually put it on? If a robot you would assume all units having the same torque.

I suppose Dji corrects the process or perhaps I had no luck. I bought one of the first zoom on the market, then it's possible after was better like ... usual.

But I succeeded to remove the filter without broking something.

I take a plier and a good skip resistant : for protect the filter and to apply the less force I can without slipping and the filter. The goal with the plier was mostly to repart strength on more surface than with my fingers.

Somewhere the key was the quality of the skip resistant.

And just an advise I saw videos and youtube where the camera is retained like that :

It seems strange because it seems not very good for the gimbal's axis.

I prefered to do like that :

2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Rodgeur. I am sorry to know that you had an issue in removing the neutral filter of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Thank you for sharing some tips and tricks and I'm glad that you are able to remove it. If you have any inquiries or concerns feel free to reach us back. Thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001906 ft
Germany

Well, there have been  already several discussion on this issue here (some  posts below f.e.) and elsewhere, and dji never gave any answer so far. And not everyone did succeed yet.
2018-12-13
Use props
Kolvi_1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64790 ft
Germany

Why putting off? What filters are you putting instead? Some proposals where I can read about different  effects and techniques?
2018-12-13
Use props
Rodgeur
lvl.2
France

Kolvi_1 Posted at 12-13 13:11
Why putting off? What filters are you putting instead? Some proposals where I can read about different  effects and techniques?

Before buying ND filters I find it's logic to try to remove the original.

ND filters car be interresting to blur some movements and to be more realistic (birds for example). Of course when we flight hight it's almost useless.
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules