Poor video/ Picture quality
2709 8 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sparky2003
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi everyone,
I got my first DJI Spartk this week and have been having fun trying it out etc.
However, I initially bought this drone because of the footage I saw online displaying its excellent video quality. My video quality does not look this good and I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong. The footage attached is straight of a SanDisk Ultra 64gb SD card, so I know that it is not the problem...

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... adn51hiP_vqLD2dQnfG
2018-12-13
Use props
Maciej_Michewicz
New
United Kingdom

Hi, I have a spark too and the images you have attached are stunning,  I think my spark doesn't have that good image than yours.
2018-12-13
Use props
sparky2003
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks! But when you zoom in, the quality is completely lost.
2018-12-13
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

sparky2003 Posted at 12-13 10:03

Hey! Yeah, something somewhat disappointing is that its not perfectly crisp footage, as it only shoots at 1080p. But still, I myself enjoy my spark very much, if you want a higher quality drone, and have the money, I would suggest the Mavic Air.
2018-12-13
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Nothing wrong with your footage. It's just raw. The ones you see from others are mostly heavily edited ones. You also need to learn how to be far more gentle with sticks, especially yaw.
2018-12-13
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Nothing is wrong with your footage. That is the sparks 1080p quality camera that you get.
If you want better get the mavic pro or the mavic air or the mavic 2 Pro or zoom also the phantom 4 is obviously superior to the spark.
As eYeSkYeYe has told you, the videos that you saw, were probably edited in post processing.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-13
Use props
sparky2003
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 12-13 15:40
Nothing is wrong with your footage. That is the sparks 1080p quality camera that you get.
If you want better get the mavic pro or the mavic air or the mavic 2 Pro or zoom also the phantom 4 is obviously superior to the spark.
As eYeSkYeYe has told you, the videos that you saw, were probably edited in post processing.
Ok thanks
2018-12-13
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

You are welcome

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_pxXe7PYqhjGK
Second Officer
Spain

sparky2003 Posted at 12-13 10:03

That is the key to your quality loss. Digital zoom will alwayas give a great deal of quality loss. You can do some digital zoom on 4k down graded to 1080, but only little on 1080 footage wothout visible loss of quality. Learn to fly smoothly, don’t do any digital zoom in post, edit your footage well, maybe a little color correction and a creative lut (people doing 4k footage also do that) and you will get excellent footage that most people wont be able to tell the difference from 4k when whatched online, unless it’s on a huge 4k TV, which is not where people normally whatch youtube videos.
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules