942 4 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pLNOUUk1igPk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74774 ft
Thailand

A few weeks ago I bought a 2nd hand spark

I used it many time for about 10 days with zero problems, and zero crashes. Suddenly it became real erratic and moves up and down a lot on take of, and doesnt really hold its position.  One time, it just started going up by itself, and I managed to get it back down.

I spoke with DJi, and found that it literally had 1 day left on the warranty

Even though it was faultless for 10 days. I have no idea about its past history

I was advised to take it to a local dealer who would then forward it to DJI

The local dealer massively talked down DJI warranty and repairs and convinced me to  let them send it a local (same country Thailand) DJI place, who would look and it and see it they could repait it and give me a price to fix. I was wary of this as it just seemed like they wanted to make some money. Tens days later they say they can fix it and it will cost about $80 for them to send it to DJI for me. I looked up DHL and it is less than half the cost I am being told..

I feel like they are further trying to cheat me a bit and I have lost all confidence

Currently. I feel my best bet is to get it back and sell it as  a faulty unit, with the extra batteries and controller and recover whatever I can for it.

DJI tell me to not lose faith and that I should send it back and assume it will be covered by warranty

I feel it is unlikely it would be covered by warranty ( as it is 2nd hand , who knows?), so there seems little point to return it, and throw good money after bad.
After the shipping cost, there is not much headroom before it becomes more expensive to fix than I could get another 2nd hand unit for.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Currently, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI. For the second-hand unit, you may contact the seller and check whether they can provide the purchase invoice for better assistance. Regarding the warranty claim, this can be confirmed after the designated team receive the package and do the damage assessment, please kindly note and understand. If you have any further questions, please kindly provide us with your case number or ticket number for further follow-up, thank you!
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_pLNOUUk1igPk
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 12-15 21:19
We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Currently, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI. For the second-hand unit, you may contact the seller and check whether they can provide the purchase invoice for better assistance. Regarding the warranty claim, this can be confirmed after the designated team receive the package and do the damage assessment, please kindly note and understand. If you have any further questions, please kindly provide us with your case number or ticket number for further follow-up, thank you!

Hi

The machine had 1 day warranty left when i reported it. Dji took the serial.number and told me this.

My questiin is really looking for opinions as to whether or not it is worth it to send it in and possibly have to pay more than the cost to replace it to get it fixed. Or should i not bother.
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_pLNOUUk1igPk
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 12-15 21:19

Hi

The machine had 1 day warranty left when i reported it. Dji took the serial.number and told me this.

My questiin is really looking for opinions as to whether or not it is worth it to send it in and possibly have to pay more than the cost to replace it to get it fixed. Or should i not bother.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_pLNOUUk1igPk Posted at 12-15 21:29
Hi

I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. As mentioned above, whether it is a warranty case depends on the damage assessment. In case it might be a paid service, you may find the part price here as well: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules