Controller Charging Problem One LED Flashing
14539 13 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
temelyagizkanda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 542431 ft
Turkey

Hello everyone, recently my controller started showing problems in charging. The adapter charges the batteries but the controller wont get past 1 of 4 leds and it keeps blinking. It was kept in charge for an hour but no progress has been made. And after a while LEDs turn off completely. I am waiting for your help thanks.
2018-12-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Can you check actual the RC battery voltage, in the Go app?

RedHotPoker

2018-12-15
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

The battery is bad in the RC, I had the same problem.
2018-12-15
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Dog Man Posted at 12-15 13:49
The battery is bad in the RC, I had the same problem.

Try to downgrade the firmware on the remote and see if that makes a difference.
2018-12-15
Use props
temelyagizkanda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 542431 ft
Turkey

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-15 12:37

I looked rc battery voltage. %53.  yesterday one led was blinking, but now two led is blinking.
2018-12-17
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

temelyagizkanda Posted at 12-17 08:54
I looked rc battery voltage. %53.  yesterday one led was blinking, but now two led is blinking.

Have you seen these video?

2018-12-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

temelyagizkanda Posted at 12-17 08:54
I looked rc battery voltage. %53.  yesterday one led was blinking, but now two led is blinking.

I wonder if you could try running the rc battery right down, then attempt to charge back to 100%.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_njdSxXcbIvdK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266 ft

United States

On a controller that I recently bought on Ebay, I have one light that blinks when charging and that goes out within a few seconds after starting to charge.  For proper charging, I believe I should see all the lights come on and turn off in succession.  Should I look at replacing the battery?
2022-5-4
Use props
Courageous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

I had a similar problem with my RC.  It would only charge to 50% and then drain fairly quickly.   From what I researched,  it could be a bad battery but more than likely its a problem with a failed surface mount component solder joint in the charging circuit.    Fairly common issue.   There are some home brew fixes like trying to reflow the PCB where the component is mounted.  Disassembly required.  I decided to send it in for repair and for a reasonable cost it was corrected quickly.  In my case they replaced the unit.   Very pleased with the service and the problem taken care of.   Good job DJI!   
2022-5-10
Use props
HaiNhi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Courageous Posted at 5-10 16:52
I had a similar problem with my RC.  It would only charge to 50% and then drain fairly quickly.   From what I researched,  it could be a bad battery but more than likely its a problem with a failed surface mount component solder joint in the charging circuit.    Fairly common issue.   There are some home brew fixes like trying to reflow the PCB where the component is mounted.  Disassembly required.  I decided to send it in for repair and for a reasonable cost it was corrected quickly.  In my case they replaced the unit.   Very pleased with the service and the problem taken care of.   Good job DJI!

How much was the charge from DJI?  I have the same problem and I was thinking about sending it in too but not sure how much it'll cost.  Thanks
2022-5-11
Use props
Courageous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

HaiNhi Posted at 5-11 22:57
How much was the charge from DJI?  I have the same problem and I was thinking about sending it in too but not sure how much it'll cost.  Thanks

$90 USD and paid shipping to get it there.  They will send you a quote first.
2022-5-12
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2022-5-12
Use props
TayyipTopal
New

Turkey

Hello, I encountered the same problem today. I charged the remote control for 2 hours, but it did not charge. I looked at the forums and the problem was the battery. I opened the remote control, disconnected the battery cable and plugged it in again and it started charging, but I realized that the battery had expired, there was a slight swelling, it will last you for a short time. But it is not a healthy way. The battery of the controller may suddenly run out and you may lose connection with the drone. My advice is to buy a battery from Amazon and similar sites, thank you. Tayyip TOPAL -TÜRKİYE 10.12.2023
2023-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TayyipTopal Posted at 12-9 13:12
Hello, I encountered the same problem today. I charged the remote control for 2 hours, but it did not charge. I looked at the forums and the problem was the battery. I opened the remote control, disconnected the battery cable and plugged it in again and it started charging, but I realized that the battery had expired, there was a slight swelling, it will last you for a short time. But it is not a healthy way. The battery of the controller may suddenly run out and you may lose connection with the drone. My advice is to buy a battery from Amazon and similar sites, thank you. Tayyip TOPAL -TÜRKİYE 10.12.2023

Sorry about what happened to your drone. If you need it repaired you can send it to your nearest DJI authorized service center. You can use this link to check for the nearest center: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules