Gimbal protector
1460 12 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Term_in_NY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1975 ft
United States

My gimbal protector becomes unclipped very easily..all I have to do is tap it with my finger and it's unlatched. It's not damaged at all , the two locater pegs are intack and so is the latch.
It's has come off just from pulling it out of the fly more bag.
Is this normal?
Any one else's comes off that easily.
2018-12-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem here.

2018-12-17
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Make sure that the two "locator" pegs are really inserted in their respective slots.  I guess use care when removing it from the bag that you don't accidentally unclip the latch.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Term_in_NY. Thank you for raising this concern with us today. I will be posting a DJI tutorial video on how to properly remove and attach the gimbal protector of the DJI Mavic 2. I hope this can help. Thank you.

2018-12-18
Use props
Term_in_NY
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the time posting DJI Steven , my issue isn't with the mechanics of removing or installation of the gimbal protector.. it's with how easily it disconnects from the quad.
It practically falls off on it's own , the location tabs are placed correctly and the latch just doesn't feel very secure.

I'm going to order a new one and go from there.

Thanks for everyone's time in responding.
2018-12-18
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

You might try this after market gimbal protector for the M2Z.

https://www.drone-world.com/dji-mavic-2-zoom-gimbal-protector
2018-12-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hi term - i believe the weak point on the gimbal cover is not the front clips but the rear clip. I speak now anyway for the mavic pro original.
The rear clip is the one that people typically struggle with at first.
eventually my rear clip also gave out - a stress crack that was invisible at first developed onlong the line of the rear of the dome cover.
The result was that my cover no longer clipped closed as before. for a while the rear clip although damaged, remained in place and offered some help in keeping the dome in place.
I suggest you can do a very close inspection of the rear clip on yr dome - check for indications of a crack - if so you will need a new one soon and could be the reason why the dome cover is not fitting as it should.

2018-12-19
Use props
Term_in_NY
lvl.2
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-12-19 05:55
hi term - i believe the weak point on the gimbal cover is not the front clips but the rear clip. I speak now anyway for the mavic pro original.
The rear clip is the one that people typically struggle with at first.
eventually my rear clip also gave out - a stress crack that was invisible at first developed onlong the line of the rear of the dome cover.

Just wanted to update this thread , I have gotten a replacement gimbal lock a ago. The new lock has a more solid snap when latching. And is fitting more secure now.
The original one is undamged , I am just thinking the latch didn't apply the same tension. I am going to try a little heatand soften up the latch area and move it outward a smidge to increase tension.
2019-1-4
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Term_in_NY Posted at 1-4 19:28
Just wanted to update this thread , I have gotten a replacement gimbal lock a ago. The new lock has a more solid snap when latching. And is fitting more secure now.
The original one is undamged , I am just thinking the latch didn't apply the same tension. I am going to try a little heatand soften up the latch area and move it outward a smidge to increase tension.

good to hear you got sorted.
thanks for updating
2019-1-5
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Term_in_NY Posted at 1-4 19:28
The original one is undamged , I am just thinking the latch didn't apply the same tension. I am going to try a little heatand soften up the latch area and move it outward a smidge to increase tension.

Where did you get a replacement?  Original or some 3rd party?
2019-1-5
Use props
Term_in_NY
lvl.2
United States

I got the replacement off of Amazon..it's a DJI oem replacement. $15.00.
2019-1-5
Use props
ScanDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

For those of you looking for a replacement gimbal protector, this could be an option: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292794885167
I paid about $8 delivered and it took just over 2 weeks to get it to Florida. I find it very easy to attach/detach and fits perfect even with an ND filter.
2 pics with original vs 2 pics with replacement.

IMG_0081.jpg
IMG_0082.jpg
IMG_0083.jpg
IMG_0084.jpg
2019-1-9
Use props
fans8c21f39f
lvl.1
Italy

I hate this gmbal protection. If I remove the inside and leave only the outer protection dome, do you think there are problems? It is true that the camera remains free to move but it is made on purpose I don't think it will be damaged. What do you think?
2019-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules