OSMO POCKET REFUSES TO POWER ON OR TAKE CHARGE
14996 23 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans592f7e32
lvl.1
United States

Link: https://twitter.com/_SamuelSandoval/status/1075258296049782786

Very disappointed. I am going back to Best Buy to do an exchange if they have one in stock.
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_asvHNH6AeeCF
lvl.1
Germany

Have you tried to remove the usbc adapter? Maybe there is an issue with the connectors bricking the device?
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Plz try to charge it again and then power on
2018-12-19
Use props
dekaderse125
lvl.1
United States

I had the same issue after one day of having the device. I took it back no exchange as its a very hot unit as of now so nothing is in stock.
2018-12-19
Use props
SamuelSandoval
lvl.1
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-19 08:21
Plz try to charge it again and then power on

I did. Nothing. I took it back and exchanged for another one. I am not opening until they issue another firmware update.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Would it be possible if you could re-upload the video of this concern for further help? You could use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-19
Use props
SamuelSandoval
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-19 16:44
Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Would it be possible if you could re-upload the video of this concern for further help? You could use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/58zwau ... 1545270410.mp4?dl=0
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_zfBxoVLiNQE6
New

Australia

SamuelSandoval Posted at 12-19 17:48
https://www.dropbox.com/s/58zwau5h0g99m0j/video-1545270410.mp4?dl=0

Yes, same issue here too.  Just 24 hours old and only used it for about 15mins.  Tried different power adapters, cables... it's completely dead.
2018-12-19
Use props
SamuelSandoval
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_zfBxoVLiNQE6 Posted at 12-19 21:19
Yes, same issue here too.  Just 24 hours old and only used it for about 15mins.  Tried different power adapters, cables... it's completely dead.

just out of curiously. im on my 2nd unit and what SD card are you using?

Im using Lexar 633x 64 GB
2018-12-19
Use props
astrogirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18494 ft
Australia

that sux dude. I notice in the twitter video you are using a different cord to the one provided with the osmo pocket. I'm assuming you tried the cord that came in the box though...anyway at least you bought from bestbuy...they are always good with returns and exchanges.
2018-12-19
Use props
SamuelSandoval
lvl.1
United States

yeah, im using the macbook pro 15 inch charger with the usb c cable, i mean it should work perfectly fine........................................
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SamuelSandoval Posted at 12-19 21:30
yeah, im using the macbook pro 15 inch charger with the usb c cable, i mean it should work perfectly fine........................................

Hi Samuel, we're sorry for the inconvenience. It is recommended to charge the unit with the original cable and keep it charging for a certain time to see whether it works. If the issue persists, please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index thank you!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_zfBxoVLiNQE6 Posted at 12-19 21:19
Yes, same issue here too.  Just 24 hours old and only used it for about 15mins.  Tried different power adapters, cables... it's completely dead.

Sorry to read your post. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index The designated team will take care once they received the package, thank you!
2018-12-21
Use props
SamuelSandoval
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-20 23:57
Hi Samuel, we're sorry for the inconvenience. It is recommended to charge the unit with the original cable and keep it charging for a certain time to see whether it works. If the issue persists, please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index thank you!

Yes, I did used the original charging cable and left it for a while ... did not charge at all, nor turning it on. I already did an exchange at Best Buy and it seems to be working just fine now... been using a lot and charge on/off, we will see.
2018-12-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Just a thought.
Those of you suffering from units that won't turn on. Do you charge your units unattended? Have you had other devices that use LiPo batteries?
Are you aware of the limitations of LiPo batteries and the care they need both for charging and when not in use? They do not behave like or are as forgiving as Ni-Cad or Li-ion batteries.
If you have not used LiPo batteries before, try reading up on the use and storage of LiPo batteries. Never charge overnight, and never charge unattended. Never leave them charging once the maximum charge is obtained, hence I think, the blinking warning lights on the pocket when charging.
2018-12-21
Use props
amitbhawanidji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18156 ft
India

Hey Guys,
Just read your issues & thought to share mine and get some help.
I got a brand new DJI OSMO Pocket from the USA through a friend. Updated the firmware, completed the first full charge and its dead. What's the solution? I charged it for around 1 hour and it is not booting up.
Any way to get this hard reset or is it dead?
2018-12-22
Use props
amitbhawanidji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18156 ft
India

Note: Also, not able to create a new thread hence had to bump on this one. Can someone from the DJI team respond?
2018-12-22
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

File a dispute with your credit card company.I would never buy a DJI product unless it was through my credit card because this company releases beta versions of everything that fail all the time.
2018-12-22
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

File a dispute with your credit card company.I would never buy a DJI product unless it was through my credit card because this company releases beta versions of everything that fail all the time.
2018-12-22
Use props
fans9acba783
New
  • >>>
United States

My Osmo Pocket will not power on not take a charge. Only 2 weeks new. What do I do? I have done no damage to the unit. I own many dji products. Please advice.
2019-1-2
Use props
fans9acba783
New
  • >>>
United States

I returned the Osmo Pocket. Will not buy again until power issue is 100% resolved. I will let other potential buyers made aware of this issue.
2019-1-2
Use props
Emilcaruso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62205 ft
United States

SAME HERE, charged once, then completely dead.. sent back for a refund. there is an issue with the battery.
2019-1-3
Use props
urix
lvl.1
Russia

the same issue. Used it for 10 days and then it just won't turn on :-(
2019-1-3
Use props
fans9abe0952
New
Flight distance : 441037 ft
United States

DJI, I just received my new Osmo 2 mobile and am having the same issue all of the other people on this forum are having. Please fix this ongoing issue.  I am returning it to where I purchase it today and never even got to use it
2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules