Galtwick Airport closed with sightings of 2 drones.
1077 10 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41161 ft
United Kingdom

I guess this could be put down to an "Act of Terrorism" and I like the way our European partners deal with Terrorists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-46623754

2018-12-20
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

See other earlier thread - "Some fool ...".
2018-12-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

they are extremely vague on details...  sounds like an inside job...
2018-12-20
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Looks like an Act of Terrorism using drones to endanger life.  It was continuous throughout the night.  Hope they catch them and deal with them as terrorists.
2018-12-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Another one talking about the same topic
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for posting this information and this video link. Let us all be responsible for using our drones and abide by the rules and regulations when in terms of flying or using our drones. Lets not put anybody in danger when flying our drones. Lets all have a safe and happy flying. Thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope they catch the 'guys' behind this.
2018-12-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Mavic Dave Posted at 12-20 03:43
Looks like an Act of Terrorism using drones to endanger life.  It was continuous throughout the night.  Hope they catch them and deal with them as terrorists.

Known by Big Brother as ''Useful Tools''.
2018-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic Dave Posted at 12-20 03:43

They are reporting that this is Not a terrorist attack, how they know this I don’t know, up to date there have been 50 sightings of a drone flying over the airport. So for those who think this is a paper bag they’re wrong.
2018-12-20
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-20 13:17
They are reporting that this is Not a terrorist attack, how they know this I don’t know, up to date there have been 50 sightings of a drone flying over the airport. So for those who think this is a paper bag they’re wrong.

I looked up the definition of Terrorism and it seems to mean different things in different countries.  In my view an act that threatens or endangers multiple lives, regardless of the motivation, is Terrorism.  Flying a drone around an airport has to fall within that.

I was in Gatwick two weeks ago.

I just hope they find the guys behind this and they put up some sort of fight and are dealt with, just like they do in France, Germany and in other places.
2018-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic Dave Posted at 12-20 13:23
I looked up the definition of Terrorism and it seems to mean different things in different countries.  In my view an act that threatens or endangers multiple lives, regardless of the motivation, is Terrorism.  Flying a drone around an airport has to fall within that.

I was in Gatwick two weeks ago.

Well it’s obviously terrorizing those at Gatwick , but the authorities seem to be taking a different view, could be to do with not causing any panic at other airports, but I do believe that airports in the UK are going to tighten their security around airports, this is just to costly not to do anything about it.

2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules