Reload GO App 2.4.2
1174 7 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Don Loftus
lvl.3

United States

I have checked the internet and done several searches in the forum and can’t find an answer, so I’ll take a chance and post this question; is there a way to either download the old DJI-GO App 2.4.2 to my iPhone 6 or is there a way I can transfer a copy from my iPad Air to my phone?  I have tried two different transfer programs but they won’t do Apps, only photos and music.

If it is not possible and I upgrade the iPhone to DJI-Go 3.1.47, will the RC and Aircraft running  version 1.3.20 (the original software) also have to be upgraded or will the old versions still work?  How difficult would it be to make such a big jump never having upgraded before?  The only reason I need to use the phone is so I can use Autopilot(needs access to the Internet) to run some flight plans I use to document certain areas.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Don Loftus
Gainesville, FL

2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing the information. Sorry that DJI doesn't have an official process wherein you could transfer the old DJI GO app to the other mobile device. Once you've updated the application in your mobile device, we're recommending as well to update the RC and AC for you to have a stable flight. May we know what is the current firmware version of your aircraft? Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-12-20
Use props
Don Loftus
lvl.3

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-20 13:45
Hi, thanks for sharing the information. Sorry that DJI doesn't have an official process wherein you could transfer the old DJI GO app to the other mobile device. Once you've updated the application in your mobile device, we're recommending as well to update the RC and AC for you to have a stable flight. May we know what is the current firmware version of your aircraft? Please keep us posted for further help.

The firmware of the aircraft is 1.3.20, the same as the R.C.  The DJI-GO app is 2.4.2, as already stated.  I have an iPad Air running 10.3.2 and the iPhone 6 is running 10.3.3.

I think the transfer of the DJI-GO App between the two devices is an Apple problem not related to DJI and I have looked at that possibility first but the transfer programs I have don't transfer Apps.  There might be some way to do it, but I'm not that much of a computer expert to try it.  I can still fly my Phantom 3 Pro with the iPad and could use the phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot as a work around.  I was just trying to keep the process all on phone because it is easier.

What would be the process if I wanted to upgrade to the most recent versions of the firmware?  Would it be difficult?
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Don Loftus Posted at 12-20 19:52
The firmware of the aircraft is 1.3.20, the same as the R.C.  The DJI-GO app is 2.4.2, as already stated.  I have an iPad Air running 10.3.2 and the iPhone 6 is running 10.3.3.

I think the transfer of the DJI-GO App between the two devices is an Apple problem not related to DJI and I have looked at that possibility first but the transfer programs I have don't transfer Apps.  There might be some way to do it, but I'm not that much of a computer expert to try it.  I can still fly my Phantom 3 Pro with the iPad and could use the phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot as a work around.  I was just trying to keep the process all on phone because it is easier.

Hi, thanks for your clarification. We're hoping that you'll get the best recommendation on how you will transfer the application to your another iOS device. May we know the model of your drone for further instruction about your query?
2018-12-21
Use props
Don Loftus
lvl.3

United States

It is a model W323,  Phantom 3 Professional 4K
2018-12-21
Use props
Don Loftus
lvl.3

United States

Don Loftus Posted at 12-21 10:44
It is a model W323,  Phantom 3 Professional 4K

Just thought I would bring this up again, does anybody know how to copy the Go App from the iPad to an iPhone 6?
2018-12-27
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Don Loftus Posted at 12-27 21:40
Just thought I would bring this up again, does anybody know how to copy the Go App from the iPad to an iPhone 6?

I think you must have had a backup of your apps saved in I-tunes on your PC for you to be able to install older applications. However I am not 100% sure. I am not an IOS guy , but have had some experience with them. With that being said I use android most of the time. I can tell you that even if you can install an older version of the GO app, DJI will not allow it to run. I tried that several years ago on my mobile device. I was able to install the older version that I liked at the time, but when it opened up and connected to DJI, it wouldn't allow the app to open, and it forced me to install the updated version. Now that was a long time back, and maybe you could go back a version or two, but I don't think you can run the older versions. So, I'm just guessing here, but I think you would be wasting your time. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. The problem is when a new version comes out, they delete the older version. So, by having backed up your mobile device (IOS), you will have copies. I know with andriod, there are several sites that can provide older versions of all types of apps, but not so sure with IOS.
2018-12-28
Use props
Don Loftus
lvl.3

United States

Ricardo, thanks for the input.  I use to have the Go App on my phone but somehow it is gone.  Since I still have the original version on my iPad I figured I could copy it over to the iPhone.  It is turning out to be a more difficult task than I thought it would be.  If I do come up with a solution, I will let everyone know.  Thanks again for posting!
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules