Coming soon features
1094 21 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZREX
lvl.1
Australia

There are three "Coming soon" features regarding the M2P. When will they be available?
2018-12-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Hmm... no comment= no one know
2018-12-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW Welcome to the forum ZREX!
2018-12-23
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

What were the THREE?

Dual Controller has been removed from the 1.6 manual, if that was one of them.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi ZREX, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. As of the time being, we don't have the related information with regards to the upcoming features. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you.
2018-12-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waypoint?            
2018-12-23
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Brett Brandon Posted at 12-23 09:48
The expected response.
We the consumers are informed on a "need to know" basis, and apparently we don't need to know...

Hi Brett, if in any case this will be cascaded in our website. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-23
Use props
ZREX
lvl.1
Australia

ff22 Posted at 12-23 07:57
What were the THREE?

Dual Controller has been removed from the 1.6 manual, if that was one of them.

Yes, one is the dual controller. The others are Task Library (p25 in manual) and Waypoints (p30 in manual) This is video mode waypoints and not hyperlapse.
2018-12-23
Use props
ZREX
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-23 08:42
Hi ZREX, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. As of the time being, we don't have the related information with regards to the upcoming features. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you.

I find it really arrogant and unfair from DJI to sell a product with certain features not working and labeled "coming soon" and then nobody knows when the features will be available. This is false advertising and terrible customer service. But then, DJI is well known for its bad service.
2018-12-23
Use props
ZREX
lvl.1
Australia

Brett Brandon Posted at 12-23 09:48
The expected response.
We the consumers are informed on a "need to know" basis, and apparently we don't need to know...

Yep, always the same response...
2018-12-23
Use props
ZREX
lvl.1
Australia

Task Library and Dual Controller
2018-12-23
Use props
ZREX
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-23 08:42

Why are we paying full price for a product that is not complete?
2018-12-23
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

ZREX Posted at 12-23 17:57

because we are stupid, but unfortunately there is no alternative and that knows dji. so we have to comfort ourselves from the forum bots (sell for stupid). but that affects all DJI products. seems to be the marketing strategy of DJI, not infrequently today.
2018-12-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

ZREX Posted at 12-23 17:57

Because no technology product is ever released 100% complete.  It works as advertises with firmware updates adding new features.

Its either that or you'd be moaning that mavic 2 was 3 years late while they finish every single possible feature to ship it "complete".
2018-12-27
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

LOL calm down 4 months isn't "soon" enough just yet.... but remember that's only an option... Mavic 2 cant be firmware updated on either the android or crystalsky platform .. it only works on apple or the assistant. Its been 4 months and still no sign of fixing this ...shows how little they really care about customers .
2018-12-27
Use props
ZREX
lvl.1
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 2018-12-27 01:02
Because no technology product is ever released 100% complete.  It works as advertises with firmware updates adding new features.

Its either that or you'd be moaning that mavic 2 was 3 years late while they finish every single possible feature to ship it "complete".

Thanks so much for your reply. It all makes perfect sense now! Is that why when I bought my car it only had three wheels? Or, when I bought the toaster there was a knob with no function? Or, when I boarded the plane we were told that the one engine was a "coming soon" feature? Your reply makes no sense...
2019-1-5
Use props
ZREX
lvl.1
Australia

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-12-27 01:33
LOL calm down 4 months isn't "soon" enough just yet.... but remember that's only an option... Mavic 2 cant be firmware updated on either the android or crystalsky platform .. it only works on apple or the assistant. Its been 4 months and still no sign of fixing this ...shows how little they really care about customers .

True about how much they care about their customers. They know they've got the market sewed up. Pity their is no decent competition.

The thing that gets me is that they have the "coming soon" features, but they can't say when "soon" is. That's just pathetic.
2019-1-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Thailand

ZREX Posted at 2018-12-23 17:57

Find any new high end electronic product that ships 100% bug free and fully featured.  Good luck with that.
So would you prefer the mavic 2 was delayed another 1 or 2 years to be "finished" or would you complain about that too?
2019-1-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Thailand

ZREX Posted at 1-5 18:03
Thanks so much for your reply. It all makes perfect sense now! Is that why when I bought my car it only had three wheels? Or, when I bought the toaster there was a knob with no function? Or, when I boarded the plane we were told that the one engine was a "coming soon" feature? Your reply makes no sense...

You'll just being a whiny, shouty little child in that reply.

A 3 wheel car, single engine plane etc wont work.  They're non functional.
The mavic 2 is perfectly functional.  There are a few option extras delayed but the drone works and does what its intended.
I guess you've never installed a firmware update for a phone, computer or any other electronic device that added new features and its only DJI doing this!?
2019-1-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-1-5
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

It would have been better if they had not advertised features that would not be available for an  extended time period;  and then just pleasantly surprised people.
2019-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules