poor connection
790 10 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LiveLA
lvl.1
United States

I have had a spark for a while never really tested it to go to far but I got the Mavic two pro and I’ve taken it out 3×2 of the three times I’ve got about a half a mile away and the remote said signal lost signal connection failure fly safe return to home I figured maybe it was interference or cell phone towers  or something of the sort but both locations were not around either of those I couldn’t fly my drone further than About 500 feet anyone else have this issue I see all the videos of people flying these things in the Arctic I’ve got to be able to fly over a half a mile in Los Angeles
2018-12-24
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What device are you using?

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-24
Use props
Winston1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398517 ft
United States

Same issue with my M2P. I’m in the city and range is about under a mile. I just noticed tho that I can move the antennas forward so i’m going  try that and see if my range extends. Before I’ve just unfolded them to stick straight up.
2018-12-24
Use props
LiveLA
lvl.1
United States

Alex. Its a Mavic 2 pro fresh out of box, tried 3 locations, LA “river” lost connection about 800 ft away, base of san gabriel mtns, wanted to track it up the hill while I hike (lost transmission again about half mile screen went black then it sent it return to home. Flew right over my house in glendale litterally down the street at about 200 feet alt. I got Literally 2 blocks away “poor connection fly safe”. and the transmission gets super spotty and choppy. I have turned the antennas but not much help and shouldnt i be doing that at like mile 4 not 400 feet. Will dji charge me to take a look at it? This sucks I want some photos and vids like I see people posting all the time, my spark flys further lol
2018-12-24
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

LiveLA Posted at 12-24 07:04
Alex. Its a Mavic 2 pro fresh out of box, tried 3 locations, LA “river” lost connection about 800 ft away, base of san gabriel mtns, wanted to track it up the hill while I hike (lost transmission again about half mile screen went black then it sent it return to home. Flew right over my house in glendale litterally down the street at about 200 feet alt. I got Literally 2 blocks away “poor connection fly safe”. and the transmission gets super spotty and choppy. I have turned the antennas but not much help and shouldnt i be doing that at like mile 4 not 400 feet. Will dji charge me to take a look at it? This sucks I want some photos and vids like I see people posting all the time, my spark flys further lol

It depends a lot also on the device that you are using.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would recommend re-linking your RC to the aircraft again, re-calibrate the IMU and compass especially if you will fly your drone in different locations. You could check your antenna to optimize the signal of the RC to your aircraft. Please refer to the video below. Thank you for continued support.

2018-12-24
Use props
LiveLA
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-24 15:59
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would recommend re-linking your RC to the aircraft again, re-calibrate the IMU and compass especially if you will fly your drone in different locations. You could check your antenna to optimize the signal of the RC to your aircraft. Please refer to the video below. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Thanks bro, your answer was the most helpful, Come to find out those modes are on the mavic pro but not mavic 2 pro. That basically solved that lol. (Little bummed about the turrain follow not being on the M2P
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LiveLA Posted at 2018-12-31 08:37
Thanks bro, your answer was the most helpful, Come to find out those modes are on the mavic pro but not mavic 2 pro. That basically solved that lol. (Little bummed about the turrain follow not being on the M2P

Hi, thanks for the reply. Glad that I was able to help you in regards to the challenges that you had. Please let us know if you need our assistance again. Thank you!
2019-1-1
Use props
photographermarbella
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6280 ft
Czechia

Im lucky to get 2km away before return to home kicks in. I have a Mavic Pro and a Mavic 2 pro and this happens with both. I guess I live on a sun spot!
2019-1-2
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

photographermarbella Posted at 1-2 12:54
Im lucky to get 2km away before return to home kicks in. I have a Mavic Pro and a Mavic 2 pro and this happens with both. I guess I live on a sun spot!

On the mavic pro I would change to FCC mode, I fly 6km+ in FCC mode

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

photographermarbella Posted at 1-2 12:54
Im lucky to get 2km away before return to home kicks in. I have a Mavic Pro and a Mavic 2 pro and this happens with both. I guess I live on a sun spot!

Hi, sorry about what happened on your drone, however, we're glad that you were able to retrieve your drone. Please fly your aircraft in recommended areas wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident. Thank you for the inputs and have a safe flight always!
2019-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules