Photo GPS position error during mapping survey capture
870 2 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Campen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49639 ft
Malaysia

I have done two flights at this same site and it has resulted in both  flights having a number of the photos becoming a long way out from the  actual GPS position they were taken at. The first flight grid was using  the Pix4Dcapture app, and the second flight was using a similar gird  flight plan using Litchi, and both had a group of photos at this same location  incorrectly GPS tagged and positioned around the same incorrect  location.

This is now the second incident of similar error,  except the one previously had all the photos GPS tagged and grouped  within the same location, but the location was about 3 kilometer away  from the actual site we flew at. Both sites we had done a compass  calibration before flying.

The first screen shot is a map  survey done in Thailand which we did two seperate flights and captures with same results, and  the second is an orbit capture of a tower in Australia.

Has anyone had similar issues and know why this is happening and with any suggestions how to fix this? I also found at this link on the Pix4D forum its happend to a few others as well and seems very obvious this is a Mavic 2 Pro issue.

Thailand LCB

Thailand LCB

Frankston Australia

Frankston Australia
2018-12-24
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

What version of the firmware do you have on the copter? There was a bugs of write exif tags (especially altitude) in versions before v01.00.02.00: https://forum.dji.com/thread-171969-1-1.html
2018-12-24
Use props
Campen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49639 ft
Malaysia

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 12-24 15:27
What version of the firmware do you have on the copter? There was a bugs of write exif tags (especially altitude) in versions before v01.00.02.00: https://forum.dji.com/thread-171969-1-1.html

Sorry I'm not sure, it was probably the last updated fw from Sept or Oct 18. I just did an update today to the latest fw. I try it this week while back China and see ho goes.
2018-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules