Mavic Air Intermittent flight problem..
556 4 2018-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lOlFK6x3VV0f
lvl.2
United States

Mavic Air - I've been flying it for about 8 weeks. About two weeks ago it started having weird occasional glitches. Even when hovering just after take-off, it seems to be struggling a bit to stay in position, but then it will smooth out and seem to be OK. See the 20 second video attached. Very little wind that day. It was operating in point of interest mode and had already made about 270 degrees of the circle before it had the issue. I've checked the props and they don't look or feel damaged. Anybody have ideas?

Thanks
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing with your DJI Mavic Air. Did your drone crash or had a hard landing before? Have you tried to update the firmware of the DJI Mavic Air to the latest one and calibrate the gimbal and then check if it is ok? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-12-26
Use props
djiuser_lOlFK6x3VV0f
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-26 11:49
Hello and good day. I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing with your DJI Mavic Air. Did your drone crash or had a hard landing before? Have you tried to update the firmware of the DJI Mavic Air to the latest one and calibrate the gimbal and then check if it is ok? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

No real crashes. I did bump into a pole on the first day I flew, but I had the propeller guards on, and it recovered -  never hit the ground.  After that event I've flown it for several hours with no issues until a couple of weeks ago. I haven't updated in a few weeks. I will endeavor to do that and I was thinking I will replace the propellers just for kicks and see if it makes a difference. I'll do that stuff and write back a report on if I think it made any difference. Thanks
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_lOlFK6x3VV0f Posted at 12-26 11:54
No real crashes. I did bump into a pole on the first day I flew, but I had the propeller guards on, and it recovered -  never hit the ground.  After that event I've flown it for several hours with no issues until a couple of weeks ago. I haven't updated in a few weeks. I will endeavor to do that and I was thinking I will replace the propellers just for kicks and see if it makes a difference. I'll do that stuff and write back a report on if I think it made any difference. Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply. Please keep us posted on the situation for us to help you further.
2018-12-26
Use props
djiuser_lOlFK6x3VV0f
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE: I replaced the propellers and the issue seems to be resolved. I couldn't see or feel any defects in the old propellers.

Thanks to DJI for an amazing set of products.
2019-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules