OSMO Pocket Test + Things DJI can improve
2449 10 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LKHPhotography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 952133 ft
Hong Kong

Always wanted to buy a stabilizer but is very frustrated to the bulkiness & the set up needed, there OSMO Pocket surely is a great tool for me.I have used it for more than a week, and i am quite satisfied with its performance.

Pros:
- Pocket-size, for sure: extremely easy to carry anywhere.
- Stabilization: easy to use with satisfying stabilization.
- Image Quality: it seems to me the video quality in high ISO performs much better than in Mavic Pro, which surprised me in fact. Walking on street with it at night will not be a problem.- Control: given its compact size, the design of the 4-way control is smart

Cons & things that I hope DJI can improve
- Focus-hunting: somehow too slow and not so accurate esp using the Osmo Pocket alone
- Pro-mode when using Osmo Pocket alone: hope to use Pro mode always, and hope to use Osmo Pocket alone. But when switching from video and photo, pro mode is gone
- 24fps: why can't we choose from 24fps with the Osmo Pocket alone?
- Shooting RAW photos: sometimes didn't want to change to DSLR, but it didn't shoot in RAW in non-pro mode?
- Stop charging the phone: same as drone's RC, it started charging the phone when connected via USB. Osmo Pocket doesn't have a lot of juice, is that possible to stop the charging?
- "Do not operate while shooting" warning: I really prefer to use device alone, and will tilt up & down on the little screen, but the warning kept poping up if my fingertips are not well-positioned, which is very demanding & annoying
- USB Plug: the USB connection to the phone is fragile & can easily displaced. is it possible to have a longer cable for connection?

some test videos, casual & usual uses.

2018-12-28 14.16.05.png
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi thanks for sharing, this thread might can help you with some of your questions.
The FAQ of Osmo Pocket(Continually updated)
2018-12-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice video! Great suggestion!
2018-12-28
Use props
TwiggyLobster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1978 ft
United Kingdom

- USB Plug: the USB connection to the phone is fragile & can easily displaced. is it possible to have a longer cable for connection?

Something like this? Just search for lightning to lightning extension cable and you should find something. Not tried it but no reason why it wouldn't work..

Cellularize Extension Cable (Silver Braided, 3.3FT/1M) Extender Dock Cable Compatible with iPhone 6, 6S, 7, 8, X, iPad; Pass Video, Data, Audio
by Cellularize Store
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K ... _dp_U_OoGjCb5VBPXAA
2018-12-28
Use props
LKHPhotography
Second Officer
Hong Kong

DJI Panda Posted at 12-27 23:53
Hi thanks for sharing, this thread might can help you with some of your questions.
The FAQ of Osmo Pocket(Continually updated)

thanks! At least now I know the reverse charging can't be solved. LOL
but will still feel grateful if you can forward those opinions for the team to consider!
2018-12-28
Use props
LKHPhotography
Second Officer
Hong Kong

jacksonnai Posted at 12-28 00:19
Nice video! Great suggestion!

Thanks a lot jacksonnai
2018-12-28
Use props
LKHPhotography
Second Officer
Hong Kong

TwiggyLobster Posted at 12-28 03:07

yes, something like that.
but what I mean was a direct one right from the dock/panel on the Osmo Pocket to the mobile phone a little bit lazy & felt clumsy to have one extra cable
2018-12-28
Use props
LKHPhotography
Second Officer
Hong Kong

TwiggyLobster Posted at 12-28 03:07

oh, I just figured that I can use the charging port (USB-C) and connect the other end to the phone without using the dock/panel.
2018-12-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

LKHPhotography Posted at 12-28 06:55
Thanks a lot jacksonnai

You're welcome and happy holidays mate!
2018-12-28
Use props
Hustler66
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Does anyone know what causes this

"Do not operate while shooting" warning??

If I record using a 256gb U3 A1 memory card it records for about 2 minutes and then comes up with this error..

When it is recording it just stops and the screen is on and there is no recording light etc.. So when you press the record button it just flashes with this error and also if you try and swipe the screen in any direction.
You physically have to hold the power button down for about 5 seconds to power it off and then it takes about another 10 seconds for it to park the gimble in the correct position.

This is running latest firmware also..

Does anyone have any ideas on this problem..

Thanks all and any help is much appreicated...
2019-5-10
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

" do not operate while shooting" seems to occur if you try and swipe from the right hand side of the screen WHILE recording.

Normally when not recording if you swipe from the right you will get the menu for recording modes.

DJI suggestion,  this error message is not useful would be better without.   Thanks
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules