Camera not horizontally level any more
2514 6 2014-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

This just started the last few fights. Before I turn the power on the P2 the camera is horizontally level but as soon as I turn the power on it tilts. When I turn the power off the camera goes back to horazonally level. Is this something I can fix myself?

Thanks

This is what it looks like when I turn the power on

This is what it looks like after I turn off the power or before I turn it on.

2014-11-8
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

You may want to call DJI and get an RMA and send it in for service. Have you have any rough landings? This video may help however keep in mind it will definitely void your warranty. Ideally it would be best to have DJI address your problem. However if all else fails here is the video: http://youtu.be/SFxM8OOWRQc If you decide to use the steps in the video that is your choice. I am sharing it with you to simply help you diagnose what the issue you are facing may be. Best of luck.
2014-11-8
Use props
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

Thanks.

I've watched some of these videos but the difference I see is my camera is only tilted when it is turned on. If it is off or I turn it off the camera goes back to being level. So I don't know how this would help as my camera is level when turned off.
It may have had a rough landing the day it did the flyway on me. I don't know what happened during the landing I just got there and found it in a front yard.
2014-11-8
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

adamstw@cox.net Posted at 2014-11-8 19:45
Thanks.

I've watched some of these videos but the difference I see is my camera is only tilted when ...

With a little luck DJI will see your post and offer there recommendation. Hang in there they have been working on responding quicker to posts on this forum.
2014-11-8
Use props
war550
lvl.3
Flight distance : 564190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, Have you tried an advanced IMU calibration using the dji assistant software?  
2014-11-8
Use props
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

Have you tried an advanced IMU calibration using the dji assistant software?

No I haven't. I wasn't sure if calibrating the IMU would do anything with the camera. I might give that a try.
Thanks
2014-11-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

adamstw@cox.net Posted at 2014-11-8 20:50
No I haven't. I wasn't sure if calibrating the IMU would do anything with the camera. I might give ...

I had the same result after a hard landing, but instead of spending money to send it back for a warranty repair and no flying for a few weeks, I repaired it myself.  After some research, it took about 15 minutes to repair and flying the next day.

2014-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules