939 9 2018-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hexploit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5138 ft
Poland

Hey All

Recently i bought my first drone(DJI Mavic Pro) and im overall very happy with it. But i noticed camera feed saved in my android phone is rather choppy. I would like you guys to look at this short video and tell me if thats normal ?

Some facts about my flights:

- i used Airplane mode
- it happens in every location
- SD movies are perfect and have no lag/problems

2018-12-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Hexploit, sorry for the trouble. I would recommend you back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP. You can also try a different mobile device so that we can isolate the problem. You may also check our recommended devices for your drone using this link: https://www.dji.com/mavic/downloads Thanks for your support.

1.png
2018-12-30
Use props
Hexploit
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-30 09:50
Hi Hexploit, sorry for the trouble. I would recommend you back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP. You can also try a different mobile device so that we can isolate the problem. You may also check our recommended devices for your drone using this link: https://www.dji.com/mavic/downloads Thanks for your support.

Hi DJI Paladin

Thank you for recommendations. That't not a  big trouble at all, was just wondering if that amount of glitchiness is to be expected or is something wrong. I will try with other device as you suggested. Thanks!
2018-12-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hexploit Posted at 12-30 10:05
Hi DJI Paladin

Thank you for recommendations. That't not a  big trouble at all, was just wondering if that amount of glitchiness is to be expected or is something wrong. I will try with other device as you suggested. Thanks!

You're welcome. Please keep us posted if the issue persists. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2018-12-30
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

The videos saved on your phone are low quality cached copies. They are supposed to look bad.
The good quality videos are directly on your sd card. Download them from the sd card or download them to the DJI go app when connected to the drone, you press the play button, that gets you into the sd card, from there you copy the good quality video to your device.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-30
Use props
Hexploit
lvl.1
Poland

Alex B. Posted at 12-30 11:13
The videos saved on your phone are low quality cached copies. They are supposed to look bad.
The good quality videos are directly on your sd card. Download them from the sd card or download them to the DJI go app when connected to the drone, you press the play button, that gets you into the sd card, from there you copy the good quality video to your device.

Hi Alex

Im not bothered by the video visual quality, but lag spikes/glitches/stutters. I'm not sure if that's normal or something wrong with my setup.
2018-12-30
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Issue is with your android phone. Try an alternative device. Had same issue changed to an iPad mini 4, problem solved.
2018-12-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

To be honest, what I saw wasn't too bad for the cached video. The lag is due to either signal quality or due to the phone's CPU, or both. In the case of the latter, you can normally tell if your phone is getting warm - GO 4 has to work it hard to decode the video transmission to render the image on the screen.

The key outcome is to have a seamless, quality capture of video to the SD Card.
2018-12-30
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hexploit Posted at 12-30 12:27
Hi Alex

Im not bothered by the video visual quality, but lag spikes/glitches/stutters. I'm not sure if that's normal or something wrong with my setup.

The issue most surely is the device that you are using to fly.
Btw what’s your device?

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-30
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get the video from your SD card, not on your mobile device.  The difference is night and day!!  Nothing is wrong with your setup, plus looking at the video on the card will help you make the adjustments you will really need in the settings for both the camera and video on the bird.
2018-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules