RE Goggle aircraft timer
1105 4 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

Have just purchased DJI RE goggles and had a couple of flights with my Mavic. I noticed that the A/C timer when viewed through the goggles counts up from zero after take off, yet in the screen of either a phone or iPad the timer counts down to its preset safety percentage. Is this correct or am i missing something? What happens when you reach the preset percentage when flying with goggles? I was hoping for a duplication of the iPad image where the line decreases from right to left.

2018-12-31
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

Surely after some 50 views someone has an answer????

DJI any thing??
2019-1-2
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

I actually have your same question and others.  I got my goggles re about 4 months ago but have not been able to fly much with them (maybe 7-10 flights total).  I just figured out last night that the quick connect was only allowing a one shot linking option for a flight or power cycle.  Finally went in to other binding/linking options and got them to connect when turned on now so I don't have to link them every time I fly.  So, yeah, why the different layout from what I see on the iPad and can the layout in the goggles re be selected to be the same as what you see on an iPad or other tablet/phone device?  I am actively looking through other threads to see if this has already been addressed but I came upon this thread first.
Less importantly, how long does it take before the goggles re icon shows up in the forum?
2019-1-4
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

maihem.rc Posted at 1-4 07:23
I actually have your same question and others.  I got my goggles re about 4 months ago but have not been able to fly much with them (maybe 7-10 flights total).  I just figured out last night that the quick connect was only allowing a one shot linking option for a flight or power cycle.  Finally went in to other binding/linking options and got them to connect when turned on now so I don't have to link them every time I fly.  So, yeah, why the different layout from what I see on the iPad and can the layout in the goggles re be selected to be the same as what you see on an iPad or other tablet/phone device?  I am actively looking through other threads to see if this has already been addressed but I came upon this thread first.
Less importantly, how long does it take before the goggles re icon shows up in the forum?

maihem.rc

Thanks for the response. I must admit i am surprised that not even DJI has chimed in with a reply. Maybe you and I are the only ones that have noticed this? I am curious as to what happens when the flight time reaches the preset RTH limits. Seems to be a bit hard to figure if the timer is counting up not down.
2019-1-5
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

AussieFlyer Posted at 1-5 01:36
maihem.rc

Thanks for the response. I must admit i am surprised that not even DJI has chimed in with a reply. Maybe you and I are the only ones that have noticed this? I am curious as to what happens when the flight time reaches the preset RTH limits. Seems to be a bit hard to figure if the timer is counting up not down.

I did a couple MP with goggles re flights yesterday evening and found that I was watching the battery percentage and was just making sure I was close to home when it got low.  Actually landed at around 40% because 20+ minutes available from one battery feels like forever compared to flying FPV drones that are only up for 3-6 minutes or so.  I also like practicing landing with the goggles on and working on accuracy...which is pretty fool proof with a camera that can look straight down.
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules