phone disconnects if not in airplane mode ?
1566 9 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DavidV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101496 ft
United States

I have tried to live streaming some flights, you tube and FB but keep loosing signal to my phone, I have a samsung 9+ Mavic 2 zoom, verizon network. I usually have to go to airplane mode to fly to keep from getting disconected during regular flights. Using the USB connection to my phone. I have no issues at all when in airplane mode. any ideas? The live streaming problem I think I might have it worked out, I have to wait 24 hrs to activate my account, but still can fly with out being in airplane mode on my phone.
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble, with regards to your concern just want to clarify when you turn off the Airplane mode on your Smartphone the Remote and Device getting disconnected or Remote and Aircraft? However, I would suggest when using your Smartphone/Device make sure you won't receive any calls or any notification that will interrupt the DJI GO 4 app when using when in the Mid Flight.
2019-1-1
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
United States

when flying , if I am not in airplane mode, the remote says disconnect and the Mavic returns to home. I will try and take a picture tomorrow to better explain whats going on. If I have to fly in airplane mode all the time, there will be no way for me to do live flights on FB or you tube.
2019-1-1
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-1 15:50
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble, with regards to your concern just want to clarify when you turn off the Airplane mode on your Smartphone the Remote and Device getting disconnected or Remote and Aircraft? However, I would suggest when using your Smartphone/Device make sure you won't receive any calls or any notification that will interrupt the DJI GO 4 app when using when in the Mid Flight.

I tried again today, to fly without being in airplane mode, the phone disconnects from the controller every time, as soon as I go to airplane mode I have no trouble. I didn't get any phone calls, or text messages, so that's not the problem

2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DavidV Posted at 1-3 15:54
I tried again today, to fly without being in airplane mode, the phone disconnects from the controller every time, as soon as I go to airplane mode I have no trouble. I didn't get any phone calls, or text messages, so that's not the problem

[view_image]

Hi there, thank you for the update, As what I can see you getting the Disconnected in gray notification meaning the mobile device and remote not communicating to each other, may I ask are you using the left port or the bottom port from the remote? If you are using the left side port I would recommend giving a try to use the bottom port and use a normal USB cable for your mobile device, If you are using the bottom port make sure the USB on the left port is unplugged. And for the Aircraft Disconnected, you just need to relink the Remote to the Aircraft.
2019-1-3
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-3 16:02
Hi there, thank you for the update, As what I can see you getting the Disconnected in gray notification meaning the mobile device and remote not communicating to each other, may I ask are you using the left port or the bottom port from the remote? If you are using the left side port I would recommend giving a try to use the bottom port and use a normal USB cable for your mobile device, If you are using the bottom port make sure the USB on the left port is unplugged. And for the Aircraft Disconnected, you just need to relink the Remote to the Aircraft.
Hello, I am using the bottom  USB port from the controller to my phone and keeps connecting  then loosing connection.  I can put back in airplane mode and fly all day without any problems.
2019-1-4
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

no sry ......
2019-1-4
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

never happened to me
2019-1-4
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

That does not happen to me. I can fly it with airplane mode disabled.
2019-1-5
Use props
djiuser_VM03JsI3z0R9
New
Flight distance : 280302 ft
Cyprus

Hi i have the same problem with my Mavic pro and Samsung galaxy s10...Regardless of what usb port I'm using (bottom or left). Even before I turn on the quad. The remote and the phone stop communicating randomly but still chargind the phone. At first a thought it is a cable issue, so I tried another cable in another port. Same thing. But if I switch on the airplane mode I can fly no problem. I check for the software updates before every flight so no cause there. It feels like the phone is communicating online and it's preventing the connection with the RC.
2020-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules