Mavic 2 zoom actual altitude
2631 6 2019-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lencouet
lvl.1
France

Hi, have a question, trying to explain best as I can . When I take off with my mavic 2 zoom, and set height at let's say 20 m. Then I start flying, it always stays at 20 m , even when between actual ground and mavic 2 it is not 20 m anymore, as going uphill or downhill.
How to set that altitude always stays same between actual ground level and mavic ?
GPS should now correct height of the ground? and when home point it sets it at 0 , later it should change ....

Thanks

2019-1-3
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, but I could be wrong. But to my understanding the 20m is the high where your Mavic Zoom recorded the home point.  But I do understand what you are taking about, and it would be nice But I don't think is possible. But l would love to know if is possible
2019-1-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13365584 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Lencouet,

Weird your 20 meters story. At take off point your Mzoom should indicate zero for the height, never mind where that point is. At top of a hill, or on flat ground ect. Take off point is zero reference height.
(so take off at a hill and flying down the height indication goes into minus).

If you see 20 meters always than your barometer height sensor is broken / not functioning ok)

cheers
JJB
2019-1-3
Use props
Lencouet
lvl.1
France

JJBspark Posted at 1-3 06:15
Hi Lencouet,

Weird your 20 meters story. At take off point your Mzoom should indicate zero for the height, never mind where that point is. At top of a hill, or on flat ground ect. Take off point is zero reference height.

Hi

of course  it starts at 0 m , then I raise till 20, then it always stays at same height even when relative ground height changes
2019-1-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13365584 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lencouet Posted at 1-3 06:17
Hi

of course  it starts at 0 m , then I raise till 20, then it always stays at same height even when relative ground height changes

Oke, that`s normal !  its a barometric sensor, so if you fly at 20 meters height over a canyon....you will see 20 meters.

Only a radar altimeter indicates height relative to the ground,like the VPS height on your drone.
Only VPS height has limited range.

cheers
JJB
2019-1-3
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

The height shown in the DJI Go 4 app is the height from your home point. Even if you fly over a hill or valley, the height in DJI Go 4 app would still indicate the height relative to your home point. If you can somehow find out the GPS height of the drone, the GPS height normally should indicate the height from sea level.

There is a Terrain Follow Mode in Mavic Pro. I think this is exactly what you want. However, the Terrain Follow Mode is still not available for Mavic 2 series for some reasons so long after the release.

Unfortunately, we only received precision landing in the firmware update last month. It is quite possible we won't have terrain follow mode for another 6 months.......
2019-1-3
Use props
fans688fb282
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437411 ft
United States

JJBspark Posted at 1-3 06:15
Hi Lencouet,

Weird your 20 meters story. At take off point your Mzoom should indicate zero for the height, never mind where that point is. At top of a hill, or on flat ground ect. Take off point is zero reference height.

Exactly, dji isn't in the biz figuring out agl and Msl for u.  Most drone pilots would bet confused. As an airline pilot when flying from a high to a low, look out below.   Meaning there are no hg, or millibar configurations.  Dji did the right thing setting it at zero.  Lost connection, etc, is your job to know highest points on return. Nothing in my 5 mile radius I'd over 200ft ago so I set my emergency return to home at 250 ft.  Again zero takeoff, everything else Is referenced to that.
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules