Mavic air drifting uncontrollably
4947 5 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twentythrill
lvl.1

Australia

Hi guys, I bough my Mavic Air fly more combo one week ago but I am still very scared to fly it because sometimes it act weird.
This week I was able to record a short video where as you can see my Mavic started to drift and also turn itself without any input from the RC.
During the flight that I'm talking about there was not strong wind, the app itself didn't notylify to be careful because of the wind, I was in P-GPS mode and the satellites were stable.
Please if there's any expert here take also a look of my flyght record and let me know if was my mistake or my unit have a factory issue.
I apologise for the shortness of the video and than you in advance for your time.

Video:

Flight record: https://mega.nz/#!04t1CA5Y!G1l9m ... R3bNoKOrEynukD6ow00
2019-1-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi twentythrill,

Had a look at your flightrecord.

I see a yaw glitch at 57 seconds, seen on your screen because the gimbal 'corrects' this and moves from 072 to 060 heading for a while.
This happens sometimes to a MA, not much what you can do about that. (except refresh the firmware of the MA and see if its gone).

MA turns right during flight beacuse you pressed RTH on the controller. MA changes heading from 072 to 145 without RC input. (normal behaviour)
After 2.5 you cancelled the RTH.

No errors in your log, so keep on flying!

And yes, i see your MA hovering withing few meters (no pitch/roll/yaw input), stable hovring in position depends on how many sats are seen and where there are in the sky.Too many close to each other sats gives less accurancy in hovering (keeping same position)

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
analysis4.png
2019-1-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

mine been drifting on and off for a while, the way i been fixing it it doing vision system calibration and IMU calibration (on perfectly level surface). this seems to completely fix it for a while then its almost like the drone forgets after a couple days or a week or so and lazily drifting again usually catches itself during early stages of it having drift issues.    in terms of my drift, not even the wind or anything that its following.. its whatever last yaw input i gave it, it just lazily keeps following that upwards of about walking speed.  weirdly if the wind comes into play from a different direction like the side, it will suddenly lock itself into position like it just woke up.

dji has alot of fixes to do with mavic air... i hope they get on it.   
2019-1-4
Use props
TwentyThrill2
lvl.1

Australia

JJBspark Posted at 1-4 07:44
Hi twentythrill,

Had a look at your flightrecord.

Thank you very much for your super detailed explanation, your software work very well good job!
Aniway, can I see from the analysis if was IMU error, compass interference, GPS interference or Wi-Fi interference? Because there was a big antenna nearby and I've been thinking that maybe that could be the fault, that would really make me relieve because now all the time I fly I'm very scared.
2019-1-10
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

TwentyThrill2 Posted at 1-10 16:10
Thank you very much for your super detailed explanation, your software work very well good job!
Aniway, can I see from the analysis if was IMU error, compass interference, GPS interference or Wi-Fi interference? Because there was a big antenna nearby and I've been thinking that maybe that could be the fault, that would really make me relieve because now all the time I fly I'm very scared.

Yes, all this errors are shown ,so as you you can see in the summary . none of those errors forthis flight.

cheers
JJB
2019-1-11
Use props
fans94f68c14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Hola. Mi nombre es Mauricio.
Yo pude solucionar el problema de deriva del drone. El problema, por lo menos en mi caso, era el RC. Lo que hice fue desarmarlo y quitar una cinta que DJI pega sobre los bornes de algún potenciómetro de alguno de los sticks. Hay que sacar el stick que esté causando problemas y verificar si no tiene pegada una cinta. Esa cinta probablemente inducía alguna continuidad entre los bornes del potenciómetro haciendo que funcione mal y cause la deriva. Quiten esa cinta y luego vuelvan a armar el RC. Verán que ya ocurre la deriva.
mauriciocruzdrones.com
2019-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules