IMU panel on DJI go 4 app
2358 3 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twentythrill
lvl.1

Australia

I calibrated the IMU sensors on my Mavic Air several times but still not sure if I did well.I calibrated in my home, where there is a pretty strong interference with the compass, hope this didn't affect the IMU calibration.
Aniway, how can I read those numbers?(see picture) Are they refering to the position of the aircraft or just showing how much interference there is on the area as like the compass section?

IMU panel numbers

IMU panel numbers

2019-1-4
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

G'day twentythrill , they are good numbers. As long as you start off with a level surface all should be well. (I use a clinometer app on the tablet to check for level)

The IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) is looking for zero acceleration to calibrate the sensors, perfectly level with no movement.

Just get outside from the house and well away from any steel/iron when you do a compass calibration (learn the dji dance)  
2019-1-4
Use props
twentythrill
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Boffin, than you for your answer! But I still don't understand what those numbers refer to. I suppose that if I let my drone standing on the same flat surface where I calibrated the IMU the numbers should be all 0, instead the numbers slowly change from 1-2-3 and sometimes up to 7. I just wondering because I had a yaw glitch on my last flight and I am suspicious that my IMU is faulty.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Actually that is normal range value. Please perform IMU calibration in an open area with no magnetic interference to avoid any issue. If parameters are in green and their values are small, calibration precision of the IMU is high. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules