Dji Go App issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Feliperfd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145784 ft
Greece

Hi there,

Really new to all this game so forgive me if I am asking something sily. I bought a Phantom 3 and had really great time flying it using my OnePlus 3T cell phone. Only phone restarts  but that must have been me using the phones chargng cable and not the Dji one. Once I used the original with a USB-C adapter all was well.

After a few flights, I tried using my Google Nexus 10 tablet (fairly old one) with to my surprice opened and used the app really smoothly, yet the controller keeps Connecting and disconecting every second or two. I thought lets try a newer more powerfull tablet, so I tried my Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite and I encountered a "weak controller signal issue". In order to test if that was really the case I connected the OnePlus phone and the app+the live feed pop almost instantly.

From what I've seen the problem must be with the usb connecting. When I connect the tablet, instead of the app poping open, I get a message from android asking me if I want to transfer files, or Just charge the tablet. I tried all the options given(MIDI, just charge,camera transfer) and also enabled Developer options and Debugging. Is there a setting I am missing?  

Wherever I checked both tablets seem to be compatible, so I guessed it must be a settings issue.

Thanks in advance!
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Feliperfd. Welcome to DJI Forum and it is great to know that you are enjoying your newly purchased DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I would recommend using a mobile device that is recommended for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro for compatibility on both the Drone and on the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Thank you.

2019-1-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

???? DJI Stephen ... he has a Phantom 3 ... not a 4 ....

quote :  I bought a Phantom 3

Nigel
2019-1-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Its usually down to the cable ...

You can have cables not work ... partly work ... fully work.

I have had to add labels to my cables to avoid plugging into wrong phone / tablet / camera etc.

Example : My Mediatech 10" tablet ...

With one cable - it immediately goes to file transfer mode.
Another cable it starts charging but after a few minutes stops and refuses to restart charging.
Another cable works all fine ...

If you know anyone with a Blackberry .... try a Samsung cable and see what happens ...

My opinion is you need to try different cables till you hit the right one. I had to and I now dedicate that cable to my P3P ... it stays all time with the controller....

Nigel
2019-1-6
Use props
Feliperfd
lvl.2
Greece

Thank you for your quick responses!

DJI Stephen, thank you for your reply but as solentlife mentioned I own a Phantom 3. Thank you for your time though

solentlife, that' s some great advice that solved the continuous restarts I had on my OP3 with the charging cable. Unfortunately I didn't find any cable that works with the Huawei. Also I will try the cables on the nexus and post an update.

Again thank you both for your time
2019-1-9
Use props
Feliperfd
lvl.2
Greece

Just for update, the old Google Nexus 10 worked with the stock cable and enabling debugging. Still it is quiet old and the live feed is laggy (I suppose from the low processing power). As for the Huawei it seems to be an issue with the stock android in the tablet that doesn't allow the app to connect. No cables work so far.
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules