Mavic 2 Missing Features
2885 15 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Hi guys, Mavic 2 Zoom is my first drone, and it is fantastic. I saw some video of the original Mavic and I found some feature that does not exist on the Mavic 2 series.
1. Fixed-Wing mode!!
It is really cool, I don't know why the Mavic 2 series doesn't have that. I think that the hardware on the Mavic 2 should be able to support that. Hope to get that in the future firmware updates.

2. Smart Gestures.
A lot of people saying that the Smart Gestures are useless. However, I think is good to have it on the Mavic 2 series as well just in case if someday you want to use it or just to show off in front of your friends.

The position landing is back in the last firmware update, nice job DJI!!
2019-1-6
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
United States

Also, in the active track, there is no "Terrain follow" on the Mavic 2 series. It's nice to see it on the Mavic 2
2019-1-6
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
United States

Let me know what you guys think and if you know any other features that exist on the original Mavic but not on the 2s.
2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day CharlieZ. Thank you for raising this concerns. The best thing I can do to help is to forward this concern to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Thank you for all your support.
2019-1-7
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Course lock and home lock missing.
2019-1-7
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

CharlieZ Posted at 1-6 18:39
Also, in the active track, there is no "Terrain follow" on the Mavic 2 series. It's nice to see it on the Mavic 2

Hi Charlie2,

On Mavic2, enabling APAS (Advanced Pilot Assistance System), middle-left-side on screen, does the same thing as Terrain Follow used to do plus much more, sort of discovered that by accident, not sure why DJI dosent just tell us these things.
2019-1-7
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

WRHershey Posted at 1-7 09:30
Hi Charlie2,

On Mavic2, enabling APAS (Advanced Pilot Assistance System), middle-left-side on screen, does the same thing as Terrain Follow used to do plus much more, sort of discovered that by accident, not sure why DJI dosent just tell us these things.

Thanks for telling us that now terrain follow on the mavic 2 is activated by just using APAS!
Yea I also wonder why DJI doesn’t tell us these things!
Like they didn’t say that the camera can be moved from left to right until someone discovered it by accident!

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-7
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 07:52
Hello and good day CharlieZ. Thank you for raising this concerns. The best thing I can do to help is to forward this concern to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Thank you for all your support.

Thank you, Stephen!
2019-1-7
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
United States

Hi Charlie2,

On Mavic2, enabling APAS (Advanced Pilot Assistance System), middle-left-side on screen, does the same thing as Terrain Follow used to do plus much more, sort of discovered that by accident, not sure why DJI dosent just tell us these things.

Thank you for that information, can I able APAS during active track?
2019-1-7
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
United States

Alex B. Posted at 1-7 10:19
Thanks for telling us that now terrain follow on the mavic 2 is activated by just using APAS!
Yea I also wonder why DJI doesn’t tell us these things!
Like they didn’t say that the camera can be moved from left to right until someone discovered it by accident!

Yeah, it's called the "hidden feature". LOL
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

CharlieZ Posted at 1-7 17:04
Thank you, Stephen!

You are very much welcome CharlieZ. For the latest news and updates. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you.
2019-1-10
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Charlie2,

Hi just tried your method with using APAS as terrain follow and it didn't work, i flew my M2zoom along a flat and when it reached an incline the drone just stopped, i tried it fast tried it slow the drone just stopped, any ideas?

Roy
2019-1-11
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
United States

TVOD Posted at 1-11 08:02
Hi just tried your method with using APAS as terrain follow and it didn't work, i flew my M2zoom along a flat and when it reached an incline the drone just stopped, i tried it fast tried it slow the drone just stopped, any ideas?

Roy

Maybe increase a little bit of altitude?
2019-1-11
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

CharlieZ Posted at 1-7 17:06
Yeah, it's called the "hidden feature". LOL

It states in the manual that you can move the camera in this manner.
2019-1-11
Use props
squardis
lvl.1
Sweden

still wondering by the gestures though... not available jet..
2019-11-25
Use props
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

I would love to see ATTI.
2019-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules