3479 7 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I’ve seen these two features mentioned in various blogs and reviews, but for the life of me, am unable to find it in my Osmo Pocket (updated to latest firmware 7 Jan 2019) and running on iOS.

Can someone confirm if these features were available in the first place, or are they slated for release in a future update?
2019-1-7
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

I don’t think hdr was ever a feature. Night Shot isn’t a mode, it s an automatic thing that kicks in when you take a photo at night.
2019-1-7
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Ah, I see - good to know that it adapts to low light situations automatically. That said, there was some mention on long exposure shots, e.g. light painting. Is this feature present in the OP? It’s okay if it’s not, just that i read it somewhere, but i can still use my other cams for that sort of thing.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ken-W, Night shot and light painting are not mode, Osmo Pockt automatically detect and illuminates low-lit scene, resulting in brighter photos. You can take long exposure shot for the light paiting result. HDR is not supported, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-7
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

Ken-W Posted at 1-7 03:28
Ah, I see - good to know that it adapts to low light situations automatically. That said, there was some mention on long exposure shots, e.g. light painting. Is this feature present in the OP? It’s okay if it’s not, just that i read it somewhere, but i can still use my other cams for that sort of thing.

Yeah, you can do light painting and long exposure. You just have to put the camera in manual mode, then you can change the exposure length all the way up to three seconds (I think).
The only real difference between this and a normal camera is that you don't need a tripod to hold it steady as the gimbal will do tha keeping it steady.
2019-1-7
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

That's good to hear that the features I'm looking for are standard capabilities. I was curious and wondering why DJI did not implement HDR for the OP - it could easily do a 3-5-7 shot capture and keep it on camera and use Mimo to process the images using the more powerful hardware of most mobile phones today. For the time being, it seems RAW capture and manual tone mapping via a mobile app is the way to go (though such HDR 'functionality' can be easily incorporated in Mimo using presets
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ken-W Posted at 1-8 00:55
That's good to hear that the features I'm looking for are standard capabilities. I was curious and wondering why DJI did not implement HDR for the OP - it could easily do a 3-5-7 shot capture and keep it on camera and use Mimo to process the images using the more powerful hardware of most mobile phones today. For the time being, it seems RAW capture and manual tone mapping via a mobile app is the way to go (though such HDR 'functionality' can be easily incorporated in Mimo using presets

HDR was canceled temporarily for the better performance, we have no idea when it will be available again, please note our website of the future update, thank you.
2019-1-8
Use props
Jxbx80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61542 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-8 02:20
HDR was canceled temporarily for the better performance, we have no idea when it will be available again, please note our website of the future update, thank you.

But it was able to be worked in to the Osmo Action? This makes no sense.
2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules